Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 915 tranny conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
fiid
Hey all.

I am back from my vacation and starting to worry about my project again!

How hard is it to put a 915 transmition into a 914??? Is the bolt pattern to the enginr the same?? Do I need different drive shafts?? Shift linkage??

Mr simpson hybrids seems to have a lot of parts for the conversion...????

How much would I need to spend on a 915???

Thanks in advance,

Fiid
boldblue.gif
Brad Roberts
In order:

Not hard.

Bolt pattern is identical.

Drive shaft length is the same (depends on what diff you have on the axles) many choices out there.

Mr. Simpson sells a crappy linkage solution. Run.

I buy known good late model 915's for around 1200$ The later 78 and up are aluminum cased and the early ones are MAG. A decent mag tranny can be had for 500$.

It will run you approx. 5k to have a 915 done correctly for your car (NO limited slip unless your core tranny has one in it already). This doesnt inlcude a clutch solution.

IF you stick with the 901 and re-gear it... you still only have a 4 speed for what you are doing and it will run you 3k with no LSD.

The 915 is my choice... but be prepared to pay for longevity and better gearing.

B
fiid
What would I need to have done to the gearing??

Is the power band different enough between the 911 motors and the Subaru that it would need significant regearing work??

Perhaps I could run it stock for a while and then adjust it when I have a better idea of what I want.

Thanks,

Fiid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.