Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiper/Turn Signal Assembly
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgara962
I'm try to get to the ignition to see if it's cracked, but can't figure out how to get the wiper/turn signal assebly out. Everything is disconnected from the back, and I've removed the hex bolt underneath and the four small bolts in front. PP instructions says to just pull it out. Am I missing something? It comes out to a point, but then won't go any further. I don't want to try and muscle it too much and break something.
McMark
Are all three wire connectors unplugged? I only see one. If they're all free, you're ready to go. Just pull on both switches evenly. You'll also have the washer fluid hoses to deal with. If they're really really short, they could hold you up.
jgara962
Everything is disconnected. Washer hoses were't connected to begin with. I'll go out and keep workin' on it.
McMark
Here's a shot of it once it's out of the car.
jgara962
confused24.gif
No progress. Comes out slightly, and then won't budge any further.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jgara962 @ Nov 26 2005, 02:03 PM)
confused24.gif
No progress. Comes out slightly, and then won't budge any further.

all the wires are disconected?
all 4 long screws are out?
the 2 hoses for the window squirters may be the resistance you feel....
jgara962
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 26 2005, 01:58 PM)
QUOTE (jgara962 @ Nov 26 2005, 02:03 PM)
confused24.gif
No progress.  Comes out slightly, and then won't budge any further.

all the wires are disconected?
all 4 long screws are out?
the 2 hoses for the window squirters may be the resistance you feel....

check
check
and check

Each try has become more forceful, but it feels almost as if it is hitting a stop. It's taking everything I have not to go agro on it right now ar15.gif
jgara962
Success!!!! smilie_pokal.gif

There was a slight edge to the steering colmn housing that kept it from coming out. I little action with the screwdriver - and she's out!

All that to discover that there is a pretty new ignigiton switch in there already finger.gif

Oh well, since I'm in there, I'm going to hook up a starter button - at least I will have some sense of accomplishment - if it starts.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.