Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Options Questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73jef74
You are a neat bunch of 914 enthusiasts! I am new to this club and thinking about purchasing a 73 or 74 914 2.0. All questions pertain to the 1973 and 1974 cars. There were two colors, Phoenix Red and Bahia Red. Which one of these colors was Red and not Orange or were they different shades of Red? Was the rear window defroster a separate option from the Appearance and Performance Group? Did the various factory-applied body tags specifiy whether the 914 had the Appearance and the Performance Group? Where could I obtain a complete list of the factory and dealer-available options? Thanks!
DanT
As to you question about colors. Bahia Red was red. Phoenix Red is a very bright Orange (with a lot of red in it) Try this website for almost all 914 colors. http://homepage.mac.com/markd/914/colors.
Welcome to the asylum. wink.gif
grasshopper
1. There were two colors, Phoenix Red and Bahia Red. Which one of these colors was Red and not Orange?

Phoenix red was an orange color

2.Was the rear window defroster a separate option from the Appearance and Performance Group?

Yes

3.Did the various factory-applied body tags specifiy whether the 914 had the Appearance and the Performance Group?

4. Where could I obtain a complete list of the factory and dealer-available options? Thanks!

someone other than me biggrin.gif hope that helps
shelby/914
For colors try www.camp914.com, then useful sites and there all the colors for each year is listed with a picture of a 914 in that color.
Bleyseng
According to B Johnson- The Restorers Guide to Authenticity (this is a great resource book))

73 Appearance Group was
Vinyl covered roll bar
Dual horns
Chrome Bumpers Fog lites
5 1/2 x 15 steel wheels
165/15 tires
Leather covered steering wheel
pile carpet
Center console (2.0L)
Center arm rest with storage compartment

74-76
Dual horns
Fog lites
Leather covered steering wheel
Center console (2.0L)
Center arm rest with storage compartment

73jef74
Thanks everyone!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.