Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Received my Engman Long Kit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
soloracer
Here is what my Engman Long Kit ended up looking like courtesy of our favorite postal employee's. Worst thing is they dropped it off and ran before I could look at it. Just to be clear, Engman has no fault it this and I will continue to buy his products. However I may reconsider my shipping options. It's amazing that they were able to bend 5 sheets of metal like that. It looks like some wheel went over the middle of it.

So the question is, can they - or even should they - be rebent and made to work?

soloracer
On a similar note here are pictures of my drivers side longitudinal with the door open and closed. I've heard guys say to check them for rust. How exactly is that done? I can't see any way that they can be removed without cutting the metal. Is that because mine were welded up when the fenders were put on by the previous owner?
scotty b
ohmy.gif I'd contact the post office and demand a full refund of the cost of the parts. Then refuse to give the pieces to them. That way you win twice
soloracer
Pic2
soloracer
Scott: Not sure how well I will make out since I had it delivered to my office and it was received by a co-worker. The post office might assume that I drove over it myself. Wont hurt to try though.
r_towle
That will be a tough one without some cutting...

But...put it up in the air...get a screw driver and a small hammer and gently tap the screw driver along the bottom edge of the long from under the car...

If you cant get to the outside part...the part after the seam...you may have a problem that cannot be checked without cutting...

Now that being said...there are some pretty cool cameras out there in the medical proffesion and one of the local guy here told me they had one at his shop...

You could snake a camera down there between the long and the rocker to take a look.

Rich
scotty b
OOooohhhhh SOOORY As for the longs....you're kinda boned since it is all bondoed together sad.gif look underneath and if the screws that hold the bottom on are still there you MAY be able to take them out and carefully pry the rocker out enough to empty/ see inside. confused24.gif
Trekkor
This is disappointing, but I'd be more concerned about that homeless dude sleeping in your car! laugh.gif

KT
Allan
QUOTE (trekkor @ Nov 26 2005, 05:17 PM)
I'd be more concerned about that homeless dude sleeping in your car! laugh.gif

KT

chairfall.gif
Aaron Cox
why do you need an engman kit if you have a cage?
Engman
I doubt that is the inner long kit. Looks like a hell hole kit. (The long kit is a bigger package and I have shipped them overseas w/o issue) Open it up- should be mostly intact with maybe a bent piece or so. Let me know if you cannot straighten it and I will make good on the parts gone bad.

M
736conver
Mark,

Just a helpful idea. When I shipped my metal plasma art I put 1x2's on both sides of the metal to prevent bending. Then I screw them together, so the metal was clamp together. The wood weighs nothing compared to the metal. USPS is pretty harsh on packages that one looks like it got caught in a machine.
seanery
yeah, that looks too small to be the Inner Long Kit. I have one boxed up in my kitchen, it's about 3 1/2 feet tall, that looks much smaller than that.
soloracer
Mark: I believe you are right and this is the hell hole kit. I completely forgot that I ordered that as well. I will open it up and see what got bent. The long kit hasn't arrived yet. Maybe USPS is trying to figure out where it would be best to bend it as well laugh.gif

Aaron: I believe that I read here somewhere that Bradholio recommended using the long kit even if you had a cage. For the price and the extra stiffening I figured why not.

As for the homeless dude in the car - he would be me. Some guys get sent to the doghouse when they misbehave. For me it's the 914.....and it's winter up here. I can only make so many gear changes and vroom, vroom noises before I get a chill wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.