Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seats for Big Guys.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I'm a little stumped on which seats to use on the TurtleGirl project. Those who have met Nico know he's no small guy.

Your opinions requested.
Mark Henry
Take out the bottoms and make thinner ones.
Bleyseng
Craig sells those sweet seats at CAMP914. biggrin.gif
xitspd
ohmy.gif Joe. OMP has a seat called Big!

BIG
Fiberglass seat ideally suited for well-built drivers, manufactured according to the suggestions of the champion drivers making use of WRC seat and suitably enlarged.
Velvet type cover provided with special rubber dots reinforcement inserts in the seat and shoulder areas; bodywork at sight.
Removable seat and leg cushions, 5 seat belt holes, 4 side fixing points (type W).
Colors: black-black inserts (HA/703/N), red-red inserts (HA/703/R). Weight: 10 kg
FIA homologated.
HA/703 Price:$679.00

Hope all is well with you and the project.
scottb
i think an appropriately proportioned bench seat would look sweet!

and a little gun rack too!

other than that i have no ideas..... i'm 6'2 and my bald head rubs the top unless i slouch so i have the other problem.....

but a bench seat would be bitchen'! biggrin.gif clap.gif aktion035.gif
Series9
QUOTE (xitspd @ Nov 27 2005, 01:12 PM)

Thanks Dan, but $679 each is not in the budget.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (914RS @ Nov 27 2005, 01:35 PM)

and stock is out of the question?

looking for big bolsters? or just comfort?
Series9
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 27 2005, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE (914RS @ Nov 27 2005, 01:35 PM)

and stock is out of the question?

looking for big bolsters? or just comfort?

Stock is not out of the question, but I'm affraid he'll break them.
Aaron Cox
hmmmm i doubt he could break em...

why not bolster a stock seat?
r_towle
get the ones that Pep Boys sell...
Or sparcos...

Take out the back pad....

I would suggest taking the end user to a local race shop that sells seats...let him try a few...

The only issue I see is you might have to relocate the emergency brake...

BTW...6'2" 240 here..
I cut the seat pad in half...and got a smaller steering wheel.

Rich
qa1142
Sell him a pickup truck. idea.gif

Doors will stick on 914 with him in it laugh.gif chairfall.gif w00t.gif
lagunero
Are you removing or relocating the hand brake? Most wide seats won't fit with the HB in place. I agree with the slimming of the seat cushion. Splurge on the "good" foam. The seat shell seems pretty sturdy.
eeyore
Once again, I'll be the Ultra Shield Race Products shill...

Rally Sport Seat $300 per, out the door. 4 widths from 15" to 18". 10 or 20 degree layback.

My 17" seat (I'm 280 lbs, 42" waist, 5'10") fits between the handbrake and the center console. I suppose that any sort of padding / lumbar support could be added to the cover.

The side bolsters keep this from being a daily driver kind of seat. But you have a TIG welder. You could cut / reshape the side bolsters if need be. A friend with a bad back drove my car for a weekend and felt the seat was more comfy that the stock unit.

It does not fit the backpad, but who cares?
Series9
QUOTE (Cloudbuster @ Nov 27 2005, 10:49 PM)

Rally Sport Seat $300 per, out the door. 4 widths from 15" to 18". 10 or 20 degree layback.

My 17" seat (I'm 280 lbs, 42" waist, 5'10") fits between the handbrake and the center console. I suppose that any sort of padding / lumbar support could be added to the cover.

The side bolsters keep this from being a daily driver kind of seat. But you have a TIG welder. You could cut / reshape the side bolsters if need be. A friend with a bad back drove my car for a weekend and felt the seat was more comfy that the stock unit.

That helps. Thanks Mark.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Cloudbuster @ Nov 27 2005, 10:49 PM)

any pictures of them installed in yo ride?
Series9
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 28 2005, 09:57 AM)

agree.gif
eeyore

Let me see if I can get my hands on a digital camera...
boxstr
The GTS seats are extremely well made. Like a piece of furniture. The seat that I recommend for the big guys is th Nurburgring. It fits into the back pad and the 914 runner can be adapted to work.
Also the Silverstone is another seat that would be good for the big guys.
boxstr
The Silverstone.
Series9
QUOTE (boxstr @ Nov 28 2005, 10:20 AM)
The seat that I recommend for the big guys is th Nurburgring.

Where would I shop for those?
Richard Casto
I am curious as well....

6'5"
250 lbs
38" waist

Also wanting to have a cage that allows the top to be put on AND for me to still fit in the car with a helmet on AND pass the broomstick test. This might be mission impossible. So I am curious about a seat that lets me sit as low as physically possible. This needs to be something better than stock seat with cushion removed.
boxstr
Joe I have some here at CAMP 914 or you might contact Stefan at GTS, he is in Henderson , Nevada.
You can call him there 702-353-7175.
Craig
ppickerell
Craig,
How much for a set of "Rings?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.