.......b
qa1142
Hey I own

a pair of those shoes w00t.gif
bd1308
313km/r top speed....?

the rest i dont know....

Howard
Yeah, whatever. I can scare myself just as shitless and have as big a grin with my 914 on Mulholland. And have enough $$ leftover for a house in SoCal.

YeHaa!

jr91472
wow...I understood that ad perfectly and I don't even speak german biggrin.gif
Brando
That guy either doesn't know how to drive the car (drifting all over the road) or that car is SUPER ass-heavy.
thomasotten
Why do they call the car "carrera", isn't that something that should be only for the 911 evolution? What is the model number of the car? 9XX?
Brando
CGT.
Jeroen
It's not an ad... It's part of a tv car show
rpmmaxxed
That guy either doesn't know how to drive the car (drifting all over the road) or that car is SUPER ass-heavy.

Joking, right?

Notice the Title of the video, Carrera GT mountain drifting.

Just FYI.
davep
QUOTE (thomasotten @ Nov 27 2005, 07:20 PM)
Why do they call the car "carrera", isn't that something that should be only for the 911 evolution? What is the model number of the car? 9XX?

Why would it be exclusive to the 911 evolution? There were 356 Carrera's back in the 1950's. The 911 is a Johnny-come-lately. Basically, the Carrera is the top of the line for Porsche. Carrera is Spanish for race. Porsche used the name to commemorate its successes in the Carrera Panamerica back in the 1950's. Similarly the Targa name applied to the 914 body style as well as some 911's harkens back to the Targa Florio in Italy.

Porsche is getting away from the numbered cars.
thomasotten
QUOTE (davep @ Nov 27 2005, 07:46 PM)
Porsche is getting away from the numbered cars.

I think they should always maintain a number for each car, even if it is secondary to the car's name. The number shows a historical unity of all Porsche cars. I know they used up all the 9's, but they can be a little creative.
bd1308
go with the 3s.....

b
Nor.Cal.914
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 27 2005, 07:13 PM)

The Carrera GT is extremely light. Barely weighs over 3,000 lbs. The whole thing is basically made up of carbon fiber. By far one of the most beautiful Porsche's ever made!
-Chris
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (NeunXIV @ Nov 27 2005, 10:12 PM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 27 2005, 07:13 PM)

The Carrera GT is extremely light. Barely weighs over 3,000 lbs. The whole thing is basically made up of carbon fiber. By far one of the most beautiful Porsche's ever made!
-Chris

Right on Chris beer.gif

If I could drive a smidgin as good as the guy in the vid I'd be in hog heaven.

C'mon guys... lighten up dry.gif

......b
Nor.Cal.914
Anyone been lucky enough to see one of these on the go in person? I've seen a few at the Porsche dealer near my area, but they never start them up for you! Makes me mad mad.gif I've been dying to hear this car in person since I heard it for the first time in the Top Gear video a while back.
-Chris
SirAndy
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 27 2005, 07:35 PM)
313km/r top speed....?

330 km/h top speed ...

wink.gif Andy
bd1308
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 27 2005, 11:36 PM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 27 2005, 07:35 PM)
313km/r top speed....?

330 km/h top speed ...

wink.gif Andy

okay

i didnt hear the hundert in there....

shit andy i know just a grain of salt's worth of german....your killing me.....

:\

b
effutuo101
ich mochte wub.gif
DonTraver
Last Sept I got to ride as a passenger in a Carrera GT at the Porsche Plant in Liepzig, Germany. The driver drifted the GT around every corner on the test track. It was sooooo coooool.

Heard later, the driver that took us around the track had just been picked for one of the Porsche Super Cup Teams.

If I could drive half as good as this guy, I'd clean up at autocross, he was able to break the rear end loose at the same point on the corners every time we went around.

Later, Don
richardL
QUOTE (NeunXIV @ Nov 27 2005, 09:26 PM)
Anyone been lucky enough to see one of these on the go in person?

I was a passenger in a 914 doing the Nurburgring. There was a black C-GT lapping as well.

At one point he passed us in the Carousel - we went around the long way to let him through the quick way. Oh, that engine sound as he floored it out of the turn wub.gif

I have video, but no where to post it at the moment.

Richard
Jeroen
QUOTE (richardL @ Nov 28 2005, 05:32 PM)
I have video, but no where to post it at the moment.

Send Andy a PM wink.gif

Engine sounds awesome... screams like an F1
Mueller
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 27 2005, 08:13 PM)

please sell your P-cars and buy a minivan if you don't "understand" why it was being driven that way biggrin.gif laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 28 2005, 10:13 AM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 27 2005, 08:13 PM)

please sell your P-cars and buy a minivan if you don't "understand" why it was being driven that way biggrin.gif laugh.gif

clap.gif

.......b beer.gif
spare time toys
I enjoyed it for a while but then noticed it is the same shots over and over from a couple of differant camera angles. sad.gif Watch it youll see.
Nor.Cal.914
The exhaust note created from that beast of a motor is absolutely amazing! An amazing sound I'm dying to hear in person laugh.gif
-Chris
richardL
Try This:

Lowly 914/6 passed by C-GT

Its coded in DivX MPEG4, so I hope it works, please let me know

Richard
mikelsr
QUOTE (richardL @ Nov 30 2005, 11:01 AM)
Try This:

Lowly 914/6 passed by C-GT

Its coded in DivX MPEG4, so I hope it works, please let me know

Richard

Link doesn't work for me....
mudfoot76
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 28 2005, 12:13 PM)

av-943.gif

I have heard one of these in person -- think of a "tenor range" F1 engine. You hear the power, but instead of a high frequency shriek, it is more mid-range. It was way different from what I expected. Living in the Midwest, one hears a plethora of big HP V8 motors -- those all have low rumbly sounds. The CGT was much more sinister. Music to my ears...
richardL
QUOTE (mikelsr @ Nov 30 2005, 12:19 PM)
Link doesn't work for me....

typo... sorry. I fixed it now

R
Chris Pincetich
I witnessed this car in driving on the Embarcadero in San Francisco. My first thought was "look at that nice Ferrari heading this way", then it got closer and I could hear it and I thought "look at that nice Ferrari heading this way" then I could see a badge and not a prancing pony on the front. As it turned the corner, the engine was a little less whiny than the Ferrari and I could clearly make out the overall Porsche profile. Quite impressive! smilie_pokal.gif cool_shades.gif

How many years do I have to wait until I can get a used one for 5K?? laugh.gif

30 years, 50 years, 1,000 years?? idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.