Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OK, after this long weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
URY914
I worked on the left side bodywork. I'm trying to get the body panels to line up so I can get this thing painted. I've revised the mounting points and cut/filled with f-glass both lids to match up with the side piece. PITA:angry:

What did you do? biggrin.gif
Leo Imperial
I got my car off jackstands with the front end complete. I just need new brake line fittings and I will be done. smilie_pokal.gif
Series9
I got absolutely nothing accomplished this weekend. It was nice.

Paul, it's really strange to see a single FG side of your car from front to back.
URY914
QUOTE (914RS @ Nov 27 2005, 06:31 PM)
Paul, it's really strange to see a single FG side of your car from front to back.

I know, it looks weird.
I'm sure it floats, laugh.gif

P
Eric Taylor
I got to drive mine a lot driving.gif It was a blast!
Eric
bd1308
what did i do in my 914??????

I drove it....no jackstands needed. lol2.gif
TROJANMAN
paul,
can you get a profile shot of that piece?
TonyAKAVW
Lets see...

Project Car: Finished removing old wiring harness
Powder coated the chrome trim in low gloss black
Began re-wiring the car

Daily Driver: Drove a lot
Installed H4 headlights
Broke my clutch cable dry.gif

-Tony
yeahmag
Got my first motor all the way apart and ready for the machine shop. The second motor was torn down to a short (plus) block for it's heads. They will all be going to the machinest to be picked over and worked on this coming weekend.

Quite satisfying. Anyone from Pasadena need something sent/picked up from John in Costa Mesa?

-Aaron
URY914
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Nov 27 2005, 06:44 PM)
paul,
can you get a profile shot of that piece?

Just added one to my blog. Go there to see it.

Paul
J P Stein
Put the shitbox on blocks.
Pulled the tranny.
Drug out my spare trans' guts....drug out my shop manual
cogitated some. idea.gif
I think this is best left to a professional. huh.gif
Mueller
worked on someone elses 914* on Friday and didn't touch mine at all any of the 4 days off...well, I did pick up an intercooler for mine

* helped Sonu with his Audi 1.8Turbo/engine conversion 914, we worked on the rear wheel bearings...he fired up the motor, it sounds sweet, going to be a fun a car.....
Engman
Tried to get to it...... but had to finish the daughters 90 Camry.
dry.gif

Replaced the clutch, both axels, tie rod ends, front brakes on the Camry. Doubt I will ever do another one. Makes working on the 914 look simple.

M

andys
I really only worked two of the four days on the 914. Started the process of installing my f'glass GT flares. Shaped the perimeters so the were equal, right to left, and ground the areas that contact the body so they were of uniform thickness. Did a lot of pre-fitting before finally scribing the outlines and final cut lines. Local 914 neighbor, Dave, stopped by to help me get over the apprehension of cutting up a perfectly good car. Once the sawing got started, things moved pretty fast....A great big thanks to Dave for the help. Think I'll post a progress thread with some pic's.

Andys
IanStott
I spent all day Saturday keeping score at a Volleyball tournament my daughter was in. I brought some 914 type books to read and the referee was a mechcanical engineer so we had great discussions on my car his car etc.. Great discussion on mineral based oils versus synthetic. Sunday finished putting the engine tin back on, and I was going to post the question of where can I get that little elbowed hose that goes to the back of the alternator? Great weekend for me!!

Ian Stott
Moncton
Canada
brant
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Nov 27 2005, 07:51 PM)
Put the shitbox on blocks.
Pulled the tranny.
Drug out my spare trans' guts....drug out my shop manual
cogitated some. idea.gif
I think this is best left to a professional. huh.gif

That R/P measurement scares me.
If I'm simply messing with sliders or shift forks its not bad...
but that TB diff would scare me off....

My car projects for this long weekend, included dropping parts off at the race shop.
- a used tilton clutch/flywheel for evaluation
- an couple of neat gears and useable sliders
- an extra F mainshaft to be cut up
- 2 complete side shifter cores
- a piece of my roll cage to be modified

spent wed, thur, fri, sat, sun in Moab...
dang that place is fun.
is the RRC going back there fellas?
(I'll start a new thread with vacation pics tomorrow for that question)

brant
sj914
well lets see, hmmmm...
Oh ya, mounted the monoblocks calipers, started removing my windshield, pulled the 911 e-brake parts out of storage and assembled them.
eeyore
I took a perfectly good 914-4 front strut and turned it into junk trying figure out how to get it apart. Now I know. Then I tapped a case hole oversized and now have to get some undersized helicoils.

Most definitely a regressive day.
olav

I blogged my adventure.
Dead Air
Took her off the jackstands, pushed it back four feet, put it back on jack stands.
Now my girl friend can park in the garage! Oh, set it up two more inches, too! smilie_pokal.gif
porschecb
I covered it till next weekend. Then out I go again!!!!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif driving.gif
rick 918-S
didn't do anything. Changed some tires around on the BMW's Placed for sale ad's all over the internet.
TROJANMAN
i bought new tires and drove it until about 2:00 on sunday. then the temperature dropped to the 40's and it went into the garage, where it will probably stay for a while now. winter finally decided to show up in denver. cool_shades.gif

Jeroen
didn't get too much done over the weekend (we don't have "thanksgiving" so, it was just another weekend here)
wife was out saturday, so I took Zoey out to have some fun

today I spend a couple of hours at the office, cause I needed to finish some stuff up for tomorrow
but I still managed to squeeze out a couple of hours in the garage...

welded in some scab-plates for the front tube frame and fabbed and welded in a front x-brace

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
/L.
Thomas and Joe, replaced the passenger side trailing arm because of the inner-bushing was going "klunk" smilie_pokal.gif They were looking for a supension problem and found a fusched-up inner rubber trailing arm bushing (say that three times). But it runs GREAT now!! boldblue.gif Drove it to dinner and back w00t.gif wub.gif pray.gif mueba.gif driving-girl.gif girlboing.gif monkeydance.gif I'm soooo freakin HAPPY!! Can you tell??? Thanks to my friends wub.gif
Got the oil tank mount welded in to the front firewall, cleaned the carbs on the 2.5 up, started blasting parts destined for powdercoating, and finished the list of things to purchase!
John
I spent a little time fabricating the throttle linkage for my 3.2 conversion. I should finish that up one night this week.
hmeeder
Screwed around with the taco plate (seal was dicked up) adjusted valves, changed oil, fiddled with timing and diddled the mixture on the webers.

The 2.4 has been running for abour a week and a half now and it's getting closer to being the shiznit.

Pulls like a train and revs like a Honda. Shweet!
Lou W
Started spraying 3m Body Shutz on the underside of the car, I got the pasenger side pan done, fender wells, along with the bottom half of the engine compartment and the rear trunk underside area.
I hope to start stripping and primering the drivers side this week. I sure wish I had a rotiserie smile.gif
Michael J
Some real over acheivers in this bunch.
Let's see, we had some good weather so I got to drive it (the highlight) driving.gif . Figured out how to disable the damn seatbelt buzzer boldblue.gif . Put in a new battery and bought a battery tender for the long winter sleep. Bought a new stereo (to be installled next weekend). And finally made a list of all that I want/need to get done this winter. That depressed me ohmy.gif so I washed it and put it back in the garage and watched football.
sixnotfour
I built some shelves blink.gif
Made room for the 914
Marv's3.6six
I got zip, zero, nada done on my teener. Set aside Friday a week in advance to work on it, but a change in someone elses plans nixed that. Tried to setup for Saturday, nope nogo again. dry.gif

I did get about 6+ hours of single speed mountain bike riding in from Thurs thru Sun though!!! biggrin.gif
MarkV
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Carlitos Way
Installed rear trunk shocks from camp914.
Installed new bushings on sideshifter linkage.
Vacuumed inside and re-set carpet (still trying to figure out how to keep it from bunching up)
RE-ran vacuum hoses as something wasn't right and the car was idling too high.
Ordered new (rebuilt) dizzy.
Drove to Pelican Parts (got a couple of wrong bushings - GRRR)
Adjusted clutch.

Sounds like a lot, but it wasn't really all that bad. I'm hoping to get it running for the triptophan run.

blitZ
Cleaned some more of the old sound insulation off the floor. Hope to smear on the POR15 this week.
VaccaRabite
I droppoed my engine for the first time!

Woot!

Zach
jr91472
Kicked off my winter projects on Friday:

-performed compression test on motor (A+)
-began prep for engine drop - got everything disconnected and fuel tank drained, just waiting for an extra pair of hands before the actual "drop".

Target by end of Jan:
1. install rebuilt dell's
2. repair engine shelf damage and install new battery support
3. move battery out of the front trunk and back into engine compartment.

beer.gif

rhodyguy
checked the oil level, wiped the dash down with one of those swiffer brand dusting sheets, and rolled up the drivers side window.

k
Joe Ricard
NUTHIN
But I did get another floor ripped up, and the entire kitchen couter top ripped out and replaced with ceramic tile including backspash. Purdy still need to put Oak banding on the edges and grout but. it's progress. biggrin.gif

Trekkor is my new hero THIS JOB SUCKS.
Mr.C
Sawzalled the entire rear panel under the battery up to the rear seat in my 63 Baja Bug and welded in a new replacement piece. Replaced steering box and tie rods. I need to do one last coastal dunes run before I sell it. smile.gif
ClayPerrine
I didn't even SEE a 914 from Tuesday afternoon until last night at 11:30. sad.gif

Spent the weekend with Betty's dad and step-mom in Fla. Spent the last 5 days driving a rental pontiac (at least it's a p-car!!!). We took one day and went to Epcot and the Cirque show in Downtown Disney.

How to abuse a rent car.....

DNHunt
Finished 90% of an engine rebuild. I gotta get the exhaust on and the alternator on and it's ready to go. piratenanner.gif

Dave
Bleyseng
Fri. Installed the HE's after cleaning the oily grime off them. Then we installed the Bursch muffler. Finished up the alternater stuff from under the car and run the wires to the starter. Blair was drying out the Black car's pans and trying to remove the tar and see how much rust is there is. Its not to bad, maybe a 2" x 4" section

Sat. Worked on the drivers side front strut, installing the Koni shock, replacing the brake line.
Went back to the engine and replaced the FI fuel lines at the injectors, installed some more tin, painted some more and then tuned the Westy (bad points).
mikelsr
Put it up for the winter or early spring when I will pull the engine and tear it down to replace the cam.
Allan
I did enough on mine to find out that it has to go to a mechanic today. headbang.gif
dion9146
I welded up some of the front trunk trying to repair the previous owner's V8 conversion.

I also had the 'opportunity' to work on my Father's TR3 fixing an oil leak that has persisted for 6 months. After we got past that issue, we drove the car around town for an hour getting lots of looks and waves from everyone...because it's late November in northern Ohio and not what I would call Triumph weather...

Dion
jr91472
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Nov 28 2005, 06:13 AM)

How to abuse a rent car.....

wow...just think of how fast you could have gone if you had taken the brake off and put oil in it! laugh.gif
d914
pulled off front suspension

continued to grind off all of the rust proofing

pulled off miscl pieces, prepping for paint

getting ready for a soda blasting

found out the real color is phoenix red (orange) I like it!! son still wants black??
zymurgist
914 (Babydoll): I narrowed the starting problem down to the fuel injection system (D-Jet). Good spark, good fuel pressure, only the #1 injector is firing. Obviously it still won't start. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Neon: New front brake rotors and pads. Old rotors were warped, causing the front end to shake on deceleration. Also put Iso-Heet in the gas tank to attempt to cure an engine stumbling problem. So far, so good for both fixes.

Corvette: Drove it in the Black Friday Rally. Turnout was light... C3 and C5 Corvettes, a Carrera 4, a Shelby GT350, and some miscellaneous non-sporty vehicles.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.