Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My wife is getting a chick car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grantsfo
My wife is getting Grand Touring edition of the new MX5. Great little car - I spent 15 minutes jaming through the twisties in the Santa Cruz Mountains today while testing one and was quite impressed with the new generation Miata. It will have sport package with Bilsteins and LSD too. Nicest thing about the new Miata is that I actually fit in the new Mazda roadster. They did well with the reintroduction of the car. 170 hp 2.0 liter isnt too shabby either.

user posted image

96conv
I test drove one of those recently as well. Nothing girlie about Miatas, IMO. Handles very well, great HVAC, 25 mpg, etc. Would make a damn good and cheap track car. But, I ended up buying a used MINI Cooper instead because it was cheaper and had a better safety rating. The car is for my wife to drive until my son gets his license.
Bruce Allert
I love my '95... nut'n gurlie about it. Has more power than the teener ever thought of having. I has a different feel tho.

There's something about the 914 when you're driving that no other car feels like.
Hard to explain but y'all know what I'm say'n, eh?

Still luv the Miata...... ZOOM ZOOM driving.gif

.....b
Eric Taylor
Ah screw the stigma the're a great car. I test drove a 2004 and it was a blast! Scared the salesmen too biggrin.gif . Your gona have as much fun if not more with the "wifes" car.
Eric
jonwatts
Love the fender flares on the new miata.
mrobin
my 93 miata has 220,000 miles on it, and all I do is change the oil !!!!!!!
great little cars.
Hammy
Are they better handling than a 914?
Joe Ricard
Better handling than a 914? Depends on the 914. Generally stock vs stock yea I think they are better.
But my 914 is faster than all Miata's built before 1990. wink.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Nov 28 2005, 03:52 AM)
Better handling than a 914? Depends on the 914. Generally stock vs stock yea I think they are better.

after 30 yrs. I hope stock vs stock would be an improvement... laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Nov 28 2005, 04:52 AM)

laugh.gif Good one Joe beer.gif

......b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.