Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Helping a family in need this Christmas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morph
Every year my family gets together and sponsors a working family in need for Christmas. This year we found two families that were truely in need and not looking for a handout, they are working class people. One family has been taken care of and I need a little help with the second family. We have always been grateful for the success we have found in our lives, and it gives us a good feeling to share that with a family that really needs the help. For us it is mainly about the kids, but for some parents its the choice between paying the bills or making the Christmas a happy one. We have donated to this family to this family to make their Christmas a little brighter, we would also like to ask you, the 914 community, if you could help this family make their Christmas a little brighter, and if not to maybe help someone in your community to make their Christmas a little brighter. We always choose to help a working class family that is trying hard to make their lives better.

This is a family of eight. I have a wish list, names and ages of all the children. Mom and Dad don't really want anything, they just want the kids to have a Christmas.

Alyse, Age 10
Bratz Mall
Bratz dolls
Brats accessories
Build a Bear

Brittni, Age 9
Guitar
Anything music orientated
Sing along toys
Bratz toys
Build a bear

Trenton, age 9
Play Station 1 games
2-way walkie talkies
trucks
Remote control toys
Orange county chopper stuff
Really wants PS2

Tiffany, age 6
My little pony stuff
My little pony Morning sunshine
My little pony safe
Coloring book and crayons
Backpack
Hair accessories

Alexa, age 2
rocking horse
riding toys
learning toys
carebear stuff

Phoenix, age 4 months
teething toys
learning toys

Please PM me if you would like to help out in any way.

Thank you,
Hiedi
Howard
Heidi, we do this here through my wife's church group. Sure does make Christmas brighter for us. We also bug the local markets for discount gift certificates so the parents can really throw a family party.
morph
QUOTE (Howard @ Nov 28 2005, 09:00 AM)
Heidi, we do this here through my wife's church group. Sure does make Christmas brighter for us. We also bug the local markets for discount gift certificates so the parents can really throw a family party.

I never thought about Gift Certificates for food, thats a really good idea.
goose2
PM sent
d914
icon_bump.gif beer.gif

morph
Thanks Greg for the generous donation! We now have $100. If you would like to help, you can send a toy, gift certificate, paypal donation or anything else. Anything helps, we will be Delivering gifts on Friday 23rd.

Thank you,
Hiedi
morph
icon_bump.gif
morph
Anyone else want to help?
morph
C'mon, were so close to making this happen.

Hiedi
goose2
Hiedi...I'll contribute. Paypal to?
morph
smilie_pokal.gif
Thank you so much for your generosity.
you can paypal to hjhl@worldnet.att.net. Put Christmas in the payment, I will e-mail you when it comes through on my end. I cannot thank you enough. I will post updates as they come.

Hiedi
morph
$125 has been raised so far. I purchased at least one item off of the list for each child and then bought some small things to go with. I found a local that is going to put together a ham and some other stuff for a nice dinner. I cannot thank you guys enough. I will post more updates as they come. I would like to thank those who donated, this is really going to make their Christmas.

Hiedi
aircooledboy
Bumpity Bumpity icon_bump.gif

Sorry for the delay Heidi. Hope it helps.

C'mon guys. Pony up. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.