Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Suzuki GSX-R fuel tank lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DrifterJay
Which fuel tank lines go where on a 97 Suzuki GSX-R 600? Anyone have any pics or advice as to which fuel lines go where....The tank has two vent lines on the ass end of the tank...and two fittings on the pump...a big and a small one...(thinking supply and return line?)...the carbs have a fitting on the top by the stacks, and the bottom near the base of the carbs...Can anyone show me a pic with writing showing which ones go where? I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanx...

Jared

BTW: I am not in Iraq anymore... biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
I hope you are posting from some place closer to home.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
TINCAN914
Welcome home???? unsure.gif Hope...
lapuwali
I can't send you a pic, but you can puzzle this out. If the pump has two fittings, then one is from the tank, and the other one is to the carbs. The big one is likely from the tank. There's not likely to be a return line with carbs. Most bike setups are dead-head unless they have EFI.

The two vent fittings are for the vacuum operated petcock (shuts the petcock unless the engine is running) which should connect to the carbs, and the tank vent itself, which will go to a canister if this is a California model, or just out onto the ground if it's a 49-state bike. The tank vent would be the bigger of the two if there are two sizes.

TINCAN914
Look for THORSHAMMER, Erik, he knows bikes..
Thorshammer
Sorry I did not see this earlier.

According to 99500-35062-03E Suzuki Service manual I have here. And also from memory.

Fuel line
The lower fitting on the carb rack is the fuel line from the tank. It has a clear fuel filter (sock) that os pushed into the metal fitting on the bottom where the fuel hose goes. It must be removed and cleaned. They are very small and can fill up with crap very quickly. The fuel line then attaches to the bottom of the fuel tank.

Vents:
On top near the black plastic carb tops you should have two plastic barbed fittings nestled between the #1-#2 carb and another between the #3-#4 carb. These should both point straight up. There should be two molded rubber tubes that are bent at a double 90 degree angle so you have a u shaped piece and they should attach to the vent fittings on one end then to small cylindrical filter, then another hose attaches that filter to the left front of the air box. Without this piece the unit will have lean rich surges. It is the airbox reference pressure for the float bowls. So that the ram air system does not pressurize the floats and cause the unit to lean out.

You will also have a line from the #3 (third from the) left intake and it will be much smaller than the other hoses. It is a vacuum hose that will open the vacuum petcock to allow fuel to flow to the carbs. No vacuum, no fuel flow, so make sure it is there and hooked up to the tank.

The tubing on the back on the tank should only be there if this is a California model. So I need to know if it is. If it is it will have a PAIR system and a charcoal cannister and also six additonal hoses on the bottom of the carbs with two solenoid valves and some different piping. If you have this PM me where I can fax the diagram for what you need, because I don't think Andy has the memory space for me to type it all in enough detail to help. But I will fax you the pages you need.

Erik
As for the two lines on the back of the tank
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.