Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0L Euro pistons and cylinders
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
What are some good sources for 2.0L euro pistons and cylinders...new.
What kind of costs?

How about 2056 P&C for comparisons.

On the basic stock rebuilds what cams are being used.

Demick,
If you see this thread what did you do on your motor....did you stay with stock injection with your rebuild. What cam did you use?

Thanks biggrin.gif
Brando
$250-$2000+ (Nikasil cylinders). I spent $300 and got some KB 96mm high-comp pistons and cylinders opened up to 96mm. The cam I will be using is a Webcam 86b. If you're going with stock injection on your 2056 combo, check out Webcam's fuel injection cams (call or ask them). Also see what Jake has at the Type IV store.
Demick
I don't think anyone has an especially low price on Mahle P&C's. Expect about $500. There are plenty of sources of cheaper sets made in China or maybe Taiwan, but I have heard mixed things about these.

For my 96's, I went with rebored OEM cylinders with KB pistons supplied as a set from Jake. Roughly the same cost as Mahle 94's.

I used the #73 Webcam and ceramic lifters. I set the compression at 8.25:1. I retained the djet injection but had to make tweaks to the MPS to make it run well. Here are links to a couple of old posts regarding the tweaking.

part 1

part 2

Demick
Mike D.
I got the euro mahle p/c's and the entire rebuild kit with lots of little extras not included in the standard gasket set, all delivered from Engine Builders Supply Co. for about $550. It was nice to have it all show up in one box.
-Mike D.
nebreitling
i guess you're not building a Bp car anymore, since there is no Bp...

my 02: you might as well build a 2056. use good german (preferebly original and well-heat-cycled) cylinders. I'm also running KB 96's, with a mildish elgin cam and IDF 44s. high-ish compression. leaks like a damn sieve (winter project), but good torque.

there is a bit of science in setting up the ring gaps and such with the kb's, i probably have my notes laying around -- others on the board have been there as well.
DanT
No more BP.
Yep, that is why I am considering a 2056. I would like to retain EFI but I will probably go to carbs since the EFI is so limited. sad.gif

Oh well. I am looking all of this well in advance of starting the motor project. Have mostly decided against the 6 conversion and will plan on doing a nice 4banger motor instead....along with some shorter 3rd and 5th gears. boldblue.gif
Demick
So it's official? No more Bp? I assume that you mean that next year the points classification will officially be used. I hadn't heard a final word on this yet.

Demick
Jake Raby
My deluxe 96mm kit with bored German cylinders and KB pistons is just a tad more than new Euro Spec mahles... Match that to a 9550 cam and you have a very nice combo for stock EFI. It will make about 115 BHP as a general rule and will have a much better power band than stock, all while running cooler head temps.

The 96mm kit with my bored cylinders come with the ring gaps and skirt clearance preset and the pistons are balanced and ready to go. These are not cheap but they work very well and are very easy to install with no guesswork..
DanT
Thanks Jake...and others, that is the information I was looking for.

And yes Demick...no more BP, it's points for all.
See other thread for more info. biggrin.gif
qa1142
Got mine from Brad Mayuer

914ltd
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.