Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yippee!!!! Factory Tour Confirmation !!!&#
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
After having a crappy day at work I noticed in my In-Box I had a fax from PCNA......

Sept 16th will be the day to walk the floors of the Porsche Factory mueba.gif smilie_flagge6.gif mueba.gif

Nothing like getting a little bit of good news to bring the spirts up smile.gif
Brad Roberts
Its great when you can bring the "spirts" up..LOL

B
Brad Roberts
Bastard.

B
Eric Taylor
I'm going to europe next summer - how do I setup a tour?
Eri
tryan
my luck would be a factory tour in FINLAND. you might have to snoop for those extra two 914-8's
Jeroen
You'll have fun at the factory.
Even getting there is fun. You'll see all the new models going up and down the main road for little test-drives and there's a big banner on the bridge across the road that says something like "porsche, left after 14 seconds" (shoot a pic of that, it's cool!)

The assembly line is pretty impressive. It's cool to see all the different types and models going through one by one. You can only imagine what it was like when they still produced more different cars (up 'till the 993 days).

You'll see lots of happy workers. Porsche tends to take good care of it's people. They've got all sorts of cool reward systems for the employees.

Make sure they show you "Werk Eins" (factory one), that's the old building across the road. This is where the "exclusive" department is based and where all the "special" customers/cars are taken care off.

How's the rest of your "europe by storm" plans looking?

cheers,

Jeroen
URY914
Mike,
I'm really happy for you. (No, I'm lying)
Have a good time. (asshole)
Take alot of pictures. (of the 914 Limo)

Your friend,

Paul
Rockaria
I did the tour in 1987 and in 1994. That place is super cool. Nothing between you and the cars/workers but tape on the floor. To get a tour we just asked PCA/PCNA and they took care of everything. Though if you want a guaranteed tour... Take European Delivery of a new Porsche. They treat you right. There were some people on my tour taking devilery and they said the spread and treatment was really first class. If you can go up to Weissach. Though it's totally fenced in and off limits, the guards are nice when they ask you to leave.

Here is a map... "Weissach 712" West of Stuttgart. Here is a yahoo map:

http://de.maps.yahoo.com/py/lg:de/lc:de/ma...=712&country=de

Enjoy!
GWN7
How do you book a tour?

My step-sons GF is going to teach English in Paris for 6 months and she has a gf in Germany that she is going to visit She's leaving next month. I told her she should go to the Porsche factory for me.

Why is Weissach fenced off and guarded?

Mabey she can find out what transaxel is in the 914-8 cars for me. smile.gif
tryan
werks one is where the limo is kept.

that was the first building when they moved from graz? cool.gif
Mueller
To get my tour I stopped off at the local Porsche dealership and asked.
He took down my name and number and called back a few weeks later.

At first he said that PCNA needed proof that I was somehow invovled with Porsches and that not just "anyone" can get a tour.....

I was quite shocked and I felt insulted at first...so I go on and tell him that I've been a PCA member for 5+ years, I have a 911 and 914 (got my first one 7 years ago) as well as that I make and market parts for Porsche road/race cars.

Anyways, it was a little harder than I would have first thought.
JeffBowlsby
This is very bad news…

You will spend countless hours designing/making a fuel access in the cowl…
You will want that trick ovalized oil cooler in the front end
You will fantasize about that 908 engine…what it would sound like…

You will be inspired to do even more trick things to your car…
…that the factory might have done…but didn’t because of…

Oh and…I wont be able to go along…

Be sure to post the picture of you prostrate before the 914/8 car in homage…and take a vow to never wash again…to preserve the memory…

You dawg…you are going to the mountaintop... cool.gif
Mueller
I hope this does not get me beaten with a targa top, but I don't like the 914-8 cars......

The ovalized opening does not flow with the lines of the car in the front,
the dual headlight covers just look "wrong", the fuel access looks Franstien to me and is a bad idea (good way to damage the hood) and the unfinished fiberglass on the 908 motor is just plain ugly........

I like the idea of them, but until I see them in person, they are nothing too special.........

Want me to pass out fliers for you wiring harness over there? smile.gif
URY914
While your there ask them if they've redesigned the outside door handles.

Paul
Scott Carlberg
Mike,
can you ask if they make the Carrera GT in Arena Red?
If so, go ahead and get me one, will ya? bs.gif

Also, do you have the 914world.com... Gear Bag/Denim Shirt/Baseball Hat combo?

Make sure you let the factory know 'we' were there!!! driving.gif
Mueller
According the invitation:

Dress is Business Casual ohmy.gif

I need to find a 914 shirt with a collar ....and I guess my sandals will have to be left at home sad.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 19 2003, 10:11 PM)
I need to find a 914 shirt with a collar ....and I guess my sandals will have to be left at home sad.gif

you won't be needing those anyways laugh.gif
this is freezing cold germany, NOT indian summer CA ...

it'll rain. plus. it'll be cold. you'll be needing boots and a sweater and a nice fury coat ...
trust me ...

Andy
Lawrence
Mueller,

Did you want a denim 914-6 shirt? I ordered a couple of extra...
Jeroen
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 20 2003, 07:11 AM)
Dress is Business Casual ohmy.gif

That's just a lot of bull... don't worry about it
The lunch you get is in the Porsche cafetaria, along with the employees (dress code is an overall biggrin.gif)

cheers,

Jeroen
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.