Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: who did the graphics on the club web site
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Brian_Boss
I really need to update the look of my company's web site. I can edit basic html pretty well but I don't have the tools or artistic talent to do something nice looking like we have on the club site.

I did a search and all I could learn was that Jeroen did the 914 profile logo. Did he do all the graphic design?

Actually, I'd love to hear from anyone else that does this kind of work.

Here's the current site. Feel free to make fun of it - I didn't design it, just updated the content.

www.indoorgrandprix.com

Thanks
lapuwali
Jeroen did most of it, and seanery also does logos and other design work like this...
spare time toys
I see you are here in Big D. You going to re-open the one that was over by 35 and 183? I loved going to that place and running the electric carts smilie_pokal.gif
Rand
I'd love to hear from anyone else that does this kind of work.

My portfolio is at 4nets.com.

There are a few people around here that do graphics and web work. Hopefully they all chime in.

Do you have branding already? An official logo on your other marketing materials... cards, brochures? I think it is wise to be consistent with the branding across the board.

Brian_Boss
Larry:
Given the disastrous economics of that facility (TBC), I doubt anyone will reopen it. It was a fun setup, though. My partner did some consulting for them before they went under but they were just intent on a concept that was unworkable.

We do have a customer planning to open a track in the DFW area in the next few months.

BTW, in case you don't remember me, I talked to you at the Maverick swap meet.

Rand:
Your work looks good. The green kart graphic is used on our printed material and i was thinking of incorporating it in the graphics on the new site.

Thanks,
BB

GWN7
Check out....

http://www.moronthrottle.com/
TimT
Ya-roon (Jeroen) was incredibly helpful when I brought my site from a year 2000 look to a more modern contemporary look.

Have a look at the link in my sig.. I owe Jeroen big time... He gets a ride in the 935 when he get to NY!!
Rand
This was a good excuse to play for a minute. I was dinking around with a simple layout.

Very basic, but it's a framework... The way it was built, all the stylistic stuff (color scheme, images, etc.) can be updated by without editing all the HTML pages.

edit: Jeroen does awesome work! Tim, your site looks great.
Bleyseng
Jeroen does nice work!

Lets see, he is about 9hrs ahead of me so he should be just about getting up to see your post.......

popcorn[1].gif
Brian_Boss
Damn...that was quick Rand. How much do I owe you.

I probably spent more time doing this mock up to show designers what I wanted and it looks like crap by comparison.

mock up of new web site

Anyway, it's cool to see how talented fellow club members are.

BB
ppickerell
Please consider contacting ric van sickle @ planbchicago.com He has done wonders for my business.
Rand
biggrin.gif

Hey, your mockup looks good!

Just wait, Jeroen can kick my butt!

computers4kids
FYI..
If your'e interested, FrontPage 2003 is pretty easy to use and can give you some nice results. Combine that with a little Adobe Photoshop and some of the free scripts, java applets that are out there and you have a professional looking, attractive site with not alot of work.
Jeroen
Missed this thread rolleyes.gif
I've got to (paying) web projects going and then some small stuff, so I'm pretty swamped right now...

Rand's suggestion looks good (I'd use a white background instead of the dark grey)

ThinAir
So just who is MoronThrottle.com Graphics? Are they members here or did club members just hook up with them to do shirts & stickers?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Nov 29 2005, 09:45 PM)
So just who is MoronThrottle.com Graphics? Are they members here or did club members just hook up with them to do shirts & stickers?

seanery
Bleyseng
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Nov 29 2005, 08:45 PM)

Sean won the first 914club design contest and he's been awesome ever since!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.