Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail Panel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Does anyone have a template for the holes that are needed for the chrome on the left and right sail panel. Saw Eric's technical article and about the only thing missing is what to do if your car had the vinyl removed and painted over.
olav

Use the chrome as a template.

confused24.gif
jd74914
It doesn't really work that way, atleast with my car. On mine there were 3 or 4 rivets which held onto the special clips which were popped into the trim. I don't know if this is the same for everything thought (as someone was already in there before me).

If the rivets are common among all cars it doesn't really matter how you space them. The only thing to worry about is the hight at which you put the trim cool.gif
pfierb
QUOTE (jd74914 @ Nov 28 2005, 10:52 PM)
It doesn't really work that way, atleast with my car. On mine there were 3 or 4 rivets which held onto the special clips which were popped into the trim. I don't know if this is the same for everything thought (as someone was already in there before me).

If the rivets are common among all cars it doesn't really matter how you space them. The only thing to worry about is the hight at which you put the trim cool.gif

Having the same problem with mine some of the holes were covered either with paint or filler by the PO.....want to use the chrome strips without the sail fabric....thought of using thin double faced emblem tape.....any one tried that approach?

Paul F.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.