Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What common size tire fits a 16X9 wheel?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I'm trying to figure out what all this is gonna cost.. Seems that some sizes of tire are virtually nonexistent in a street tire. I also don't know what size won't look silly. Wheel size is 16x9.

So, considering keeping cost down, for a street driven 914/4 with flares:

1. What is the narrowest tire that won't look silly?
2. What's a common size of tire that's near that size?
3. What's a cheap place to get them?

Thanks to all who can advise!

Mueller
the car those came off of ran 245/45/16s on all 4 corners...a 255/50 is what came on the C4(?) Corvettes and those had 255's on 9" rims front and rear I think???
markb
D@mn! Glad I'm not the one buying tires for them. laugh.gif
bondo
QUOTE (markb @ Nov 28 2005, 04:11 PM)
D@mn! Glad I'm not the one buying tires for them. laugh.gif

Haha..

245-255s eh? Oof. And I still have to get lug bolts and maybe spacers. Good thing most of the x-mas shopping is out of the way. wacko.gif
Eddie914
245/45/16

Tire rack has Sumitomo HTR Z for $74.

I run Yokohama a032r in that size ... still pretty common in comp & Hi-performance rubber.

Eddie
Aaron Cox
what wheels did ja buy?
bondo
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 28 2005, 09:22 PM)
what wheels did ja buy?

Some 9x15 4 lug wheels, possibly from a Maserati. Buying them from markb, who bought them from mueller, who bought them from ??? They've been around. smile.gif

They're going on the blue roller I bought from sean, which will hopefully be delivered soon.

Unfortunately I have more intentions than money.. so this will all have to be carefully choreographed with sales of fake 2L fuchs, etc.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bondo @ Nov 28 2005, 09:32 PM)
what wheels did ja buy?

Some 9x15 4 lug wheels, possibly from a Maserati. Buying them from markb, who bought them from mueller, who bought them from ??? They've been around. smile.gif

They're going on the blue roller I bought from sean, which will hopefully be delivered soon.

Unfortunately I have more intentions than money.. so this will all have to be carefully choreographed with sales of fake 2L fuchs, etc.

9 x 15? or 16?
bondo
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 28 2005, 09:36 PM)
QUOTE (bondo @ Nov 28 2005, 09:32 PM)
what wheels did ja buy?

9 x 15? or 16?

Sorry, 16. I was too hungry to be typing. I've eaten now though. smile.gif
silversprint
245/45/16 are the best size to run. A good low cost performance tire in that size is the Hankook RS2.

255/50 get a little too tall.

If you want really sticky ones and like the big tire look then Victoracers come in 265/45/16s biggrin.gif

The VW guys like to squeeze 225s on a 16x9 but the tire looks rather stretched.
jonwatts
Ah yes, the maserati wheels.

user posted image
Aaron Cox
whats the bolt pattern?

4 x something funky cuz they is italiano?
jonwatts
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 28 2005, 10:54 PM)
whats the bolt pattern?

4x130 according to mueller
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Nov 28 2005, 11:56 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 28 2005, 10:54 PM)
whats the bolt pattern?

4x130 according to mueller

just for sake of comedy....

i hope they are like 4x132.7

laugh.gif
bondo
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Nov 28 2005, 11:57 PM)

just for sake of comedy....

i hope they are like 4x132.7

laugh.gif

Yes, that would be hi-fuchin-larious.. dry.gif

And yes, those are the wheels. Not sure I like the hexagon center caps, but I might be able to do something about that.
Mueller
what you need to do is start going to the gym and working out....I've driven a 914/8 with 255's on 17x9s up front (275 on the back) and it was not too enjoyable at low speeds wacko.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.