Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another fuel line question-
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ottox914
I was using NAPA fuel injection hose to replace some lines to the fuel injectors. Ran out. NAPA was out also. Went to another shop for more hose. They sold me some "multi use" hose, said it was good to 300 psi, could be used for fuel, hydrolic (SP?), or other liquids, and BONUS, it was less than 1/2 the cost of the "real" FI hose from NAPA. Have had no issues with it so far.

So, can I use this hose from the tank to the motor? Why or why not? It'd be flexable, to snake thru the tunnel if you wanted to go that way... or thru the long... (my car has headers and no heat thru the long), or route it along side the long like oil cooler lines... or inside the car next to the tunnel and put a metal cover over it?

Waddya all think?
r_towle
I read a great tip here...

Run a small electrical wire....16 or 18 guage up through the old plastic line from front to back BEFORE you pull it out...

Then pull out the plastic line, but leave the wire behind...

Then, when you put the new line in, put it over the electric line and it will guide the new line up through the tunnel.

I vote for running it in the tunnel...

Rich
736conver
Why not just metal lines through or next to the tunnel. Cost cant be much different from the rubber if not cheaper.
And not like it would happen but what if it sprung a leak inside the long. Why take any chances. Something that is as cheap as this I say do in metal.
SLITS
Reasons for running braided or metal lines is chafing from vibration. If you are willing to inspect the rubber lines through the tunnel / longs as often as you check the lines in the engine compartment....ain't no problem.

sean_v8_914
I just ran steel lines through the tunnel to replace the hard plastic. I paid $3.58 at NAPA for each (5/16th & 7/16ths) 6 foot pc. This is a much cheaper and better way to go. Rubber hose would be easier to snake through the tunnel. I also bought a brake line bender for $4.39
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.