Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New 914 owner
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tony
laugh.gif Hi

I bought a 71 914 with 1.7, it was race in solo 1 and maybe autocross. The body is straight for a thirty year old car, the paint is fair, its white with red and blue graphics on it. It has rust in the trunk next to the tail lights and the battery box is rusted out, but not under the box. I paid $500, for it and have put new tires on it and a battery so far. I been driving the car around town but have not had the best of luck when driving out of town. It was rear ending on my way to porsche haven in Hayward. But the rusted out trunk gave saving the rear quarter panels. I think I will do the repairs myself to keep costs down. My other drive out of town I lost the clutch cable and will be replacing it soon. The car has more miles on the flat bed then on the open road. Since the car is thirty years old what else should I replace or check first.

Thanks
Tony
vortrex
fuel lines.
tryan
you made it to the right place. welcome

order two clutch cables and carry a spare.
restoration design makes a replacement panel for the rear trunk and battery tray.

post any questions you want and you will get all the answers you want. maybe even more that you need. cool_shades.gif
ninefourteener
Hey..... where's the pics????

BTW..... Welcome beerchug.gif
SirAndy
welcome!
lure brad over in your neck of the woods (with free ice-tea) and have him do a assessment of your car. he sure has a way to make you feel bad about your car cool.gif

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Jeffs9146
Iced Tea???? Right.....if Brad is going to come all the way to po-dunk Livermore he will have to stop and grab a cold one from my KEG! And its free!

Welcome Tony! I am also in Livermore! So if you need anything drop me a note!

Where in Livermore do you live?

Jeff
Steve
You guy's make me want to move back to silicon valley.
Where's all the southern cal get togethers??
I'm planning on going to the German Auto fest on Sunday for the swap meet.
I will leave a business card on the dash in case someone wants to call my cell phone and shoot the bull.

Steve
Jeffs9146
Tony, I have a clutch cable if you want a spare!! Cheep!

Jeff
1974porsche914
Steve,

Hey, we're neighbors! wavey.gif
I'm right here in Foothill Ranch (next to Lake Forest).

Give me some info about the German Auto fest on Sunday.
Where is this being held?

- Greg
Dave_Darling
Ventura, on September 13-14.

There is a Northern California 914 breakfast at 9:14 AM on the 30th (a week from this Saturday) at IHOP in Santa Clara. See the thread elsewhere on this BBS for the announcement.

--DD
Brad Roberts
I have officially stopped telling people to carry a extra cable. I would rather they figure out EXACTLY why their cable failed. They dont just "fail" for no apparent reason. Its either a clutch stop adjustment... bent clutch tube in the center tunnel or something..

I dont even recall when the last time it was that ANY of my cars broke a cable.

B
Jeffs9146
True Brad, but some people don't do the basic maintaince stuff we do! So I still recomend one for any new teen owner!

Jeff
Steve
Sorry I missed you Greg!!
Are you in the OC PCA??
I used to go to there breakfast meetings.
But due to lack of 914's I stopped going.
I'm planning on going to the German Auto Fest on Sunday for the swap meet.
Are you going??

Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.