Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel adaptors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Just thought this might be helpful to some. Price doesn't seem to bad either....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=33749
SirAndy
they look alright, but they don't come with the (special) nuts needed to bolt them down. the ones i bought had steel lug-nuts to bolt the spacer to the rotor.

if B. has some spare-time, he could take a pic smile.gif
Andy
URY914
The ones in the pictures are just spacers, they "adapt" anything. 5 lug to 5 lug. ohmy.gif

Paul
Dave_Darling
The text in the ad says they will do adaptors for any bolt pattern.

Yuck, ptooie! barf.gif Four-to-five adaptors evil!! Evil!!!

--DD
Randal
I think you have to be careful purchasing spacers with built in studs.

Here are a few things to check before purchasing:

1. Are the studs, in the spacer, aftermarket or to Porsche specifications?

2. Do the nuts that tighten down the spacer to your hub, end up being flush or slightly above the spacer when tightened, as with normal Porsche lug nuts?

First question: I bought spacers from a reputable source and the studs ended up being aftermarket, i.e., you had to find aftermarket studs if you needed additional length to fit the choosen wheel. In the end I just pressed out the aftermarket studs, threw them away and secured longer Porsche studs to go all the way from my hub through the spacer and wheel. This was probably a waste of money.

Second question: I didn't know of a special lug nut, nor did the supplier, that was turned down slightly, i.e., shorter, to eliminate the problem of having the lug nut stick up slighly above the spacer when tightened.

If your were using Fuchs wheels, then you don't have a problem, but if your using Cookie Cutters, with a flat surface that is susposed to mate to the flat surface of the spacer, then your toast.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Randal @ Aug 19 2003, 03:22 PM)
If your were using Fuchs wheels, then you don't have a problem, but if your using Cookie Cutters, with a flat surface that is susposed to mate to the flat surface of the spacer, then your toast.

i run cookie cutters on mine. the spacers came with steel lug nuts (open end) that were a perfect fit. low enough to not stick out, exactly the right shape to be a snug fit on the curved side and still long enough to get plenty of thread. (way more than the mandatory 5 full rotations).

i "think" i bought the spacers from Performance Products, i'll double check when i get a chance.
the pressed in studes look genuine, but i'm not sure.

i don't have any closeup pics, the best i have for now is this:
IPB Image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.