Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
won a pair of auctions, for a pair of coil springs.....

the guy ONLY accepts credit cards. no secure webpage or anything. WTF? how am i supposed to pay him? just email my info ? thats bullcrap...

anyone in burlingon WA? that could help me out?
Aaron Cox
oh yeah. and has ZERO feedback.

my bad for not looking ahead. he appears to be a busines....sprint car parts sales....
sj914
Did the seller have a business phone?

Ya got a link to the auction itself?
Aaron Cox
Items -
Coil Spring 1
Coil Spring 2
Brando
Call the guy. He's gotta assure you somehow that he's not going to misappropriate your card. I'd suggest sending a cashier's check or postal money order since he has nill feedback.
TROJANMAN
don't give him your credit card info. send him certified funds. if you lose $30, it will suck, but at least your CC info won't be out there.
sj914
The sellers either new at this internet selling stuff or it's a scam.

Ask the seller if could accept cc payments through paypal or provide a business name that you or someone can cross reference to find out if they're a legitimate shop.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Nov 28 2005, 11:19 PM)
don't give him your credit card info. send him certified funds. if you lose $30, it will suck, but at least your CC info won't be out there.

yeah. i asked him if he head paypal/secure webpage/etc.....

ill ask if he takes a MO

if not ill take the feedback hit
ChrisReale
QUOTE (Brando @ Nov 28 2005, 10:16 PM)
I'd suggest sending a cashier's check or postal money order since he has nill feedback.

I think this is the best thing to do in this situation.
Jacques
cool.gif Many CC companies can issue you a temporary, one-time use number to associate with your card,. Call or click to find out.
TROJANMAN
tell him you have a friend nearby that might be able to pick up the springs for you and that you want a physical address. if he refuses, then you know something's up. but make sure you save all of your correspondence with him.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Nov 28 2005, 11:25 PM)
tell him you have a friend nearby that might be able to pick up the springs for you and that you want a physical address. if he refuses, then you know something's up. but make sure you save all of your correspondence with him.

good idea.

also - anyone near burlington WA? cant find it on the members map :/
jonwatts
QUOTE (Jacques @ Nov 28 2005, 10:24 PM)
cool.gif Many CC companies can issue you a temporary, one-time use number to associate with your card,. Call or click to find out.

agree.gif If the number gets out then they know where it came from.
736conver
Most cards are really good on fraud these days. I have had credit card fraud a twice. Once on a visa and once on a Master card. Both cards assumed I was innocent from the start. New cards were issued, charges were disputed and all was good.
I would feel safer giving him your CC info over the phone then sending a MO. A credit card you have recourse. Checks and money orders wont help if its a fraud. If they get cashed your out the money with no chance of getting it back.

It does seem odd he has been a member for a year but no feedback. But he is only dealing with low dollar items. I think its a legit outfit.
Thats just my opinion though.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (736conver @ Nov 28 2005, 11:48 PM)
Most cards are really good on fraud these days. I have had credit card fraud a twice. Once on a visa and once on a Master card. Both cards assumed I was innocent from the start. New cards were issued, charges were disputed and all was good.
I would feel safer giving him your CC info over the phone then sending a MO. A credit card you have recourse. Checks and money orders wont help if its a fraud. If they get cashed your out the money with no chance of getting it back.

It does seem odd he has been a member for a year but no feedback. But he is only dealing with low dollar items. I think its a legit outfit.
Thats just my opinion though.

we will see what he says in the morning.

thanks guys - luv this place.

AA <--- CC newb
jsteele22

If he's somebody who is not very experienced with the internet, its totaly understandable that he's uncomfortable with PayPal, and doesn't have a secure webpage, etc. But if he claims to have a legit business, then you should be able to verify it in a snap with switchboard.com, etc. Or call the local BBB. If he doesn't show up on the radar, call him on it : get a personal name and physical address that you can verify. And it wouldn't hurt to call your CC co. and tell them the situation *before* you send him the number; at least they will have it on record that you tried to do the right thing. Oh, and check the seller's payment options before you bid headbang.gif
Allan
You have a credit card? biggrin.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 29 2005, 10:31 AM)

No he doesn't.......
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Nov 29 2005, 10:33 AM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 29 2005, 10:31 AM)

No he doesn't.......

ron helped me out once before..... (thanks again dude!)

now ill ahve to hit up the parentals...and pay em back smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.