Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Auto Atlanta catalogue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
So, I know that a lot of folks don't really like AA here. Thats fine.

I've not yet used them, but I want to be able to comparison shop for some items.

However, I can't figure out thier pricing sceme.

For instance, the first item in thier 914 catalogue is "914-6 collapible Oil Return Tube" It is listed as R930 107 040 00

Where the heck is the price?!

At the end of the catalogue, they mark what is avalible, but again, no prices. I emailed them the other day and did not get a responce.

Anyone here know?

Zach
Mark Henry
Go to the bird site, look up the price and double it biggrin.gif
thomasotten
I ordered a printed catalogue from them as well, and I called them with the very same question, and was told that the website has the up-to-date prices. That really defeats the purpose of a printed catalogue.
VaccaRabite
Where on thier website? I have not seen proces there either.

One wonders how they manage to sell goods if thier prices stay hidden...

ar15.gif

I like Pelican, but its frusterating there too, as it seems that at any time the piece I want is in thier catalogue, but out of stock.

Zach
r_towle
QUOTE (thomasotten @ Nov 29 2005, 09:57 AM)
I ordered a printed catalogue from them as well, and I called them with the very same question, and was told that the website has the up-to-date prices. That really defeats the purpose of a printed catalogue.

In the standard mil order world, I would agree...

In this volitial autoparts market...I would not agree.

Have you seen PP four color catalog? no...mmmm

If there is a price change...does AA need to put out a new catalog or just eat the difference???

It is easier to change the pricing on the web...the catalog has an advertising purpose...

When you are ready to order, you do not go to the back of the catalog, rip out the page for ordering, fill it out,,,mail it in and wait....do you??

99% of consumers use the catalog as a dream book...but order from the web site...

the catalog is no longer a method to compete for sales...it is a marketing tool...

R
blitZ
The AA website sucks. You have to navigate through pages to find your item, then click on the item to get the price.

Oil Tube
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (blitZ @ Nov 29 2005, 10:19 AM)
The AA website sucks. You have to navigate through pages to find your item, then click on the item to get the price.

Oil Tube

A-hah!

And now I am a little less of a 914 noob then I was this morning. I have discovered the secrets of the AA catalogue. av-943.gif

Zach

smontanaro
QUOTE (thomasotten @ Nov 29 2005, 08:57 AM)

Look at it from their perspective. Glossy catalogues are expensive to produce and
prices can change in the blink of an eye.

In my most recent previous car life I had a Triumph TR250. I used the Roadster
Factory a lot. They used the same concept, nice catalogue, separate price list.
I think that AA ought to print a price list or offer a PDF on their website,
but I don't find it all that unusual to separate price lists from catalogues, particularly
for foreign cars where suppliers are often overseas and dollar/euro, dollar/pound
or dollar/yen exchange rates can fluctuate significantly.

Skip
thomasotten
QUOTE (smontanaro @ Nov 29 2005, 08:12 AM)
I ordered a printed catalogue from them as well, and I called them with the very same question, and was told that the website has the up-to-date prices.  That really defeats the purpose of a printed catalogue.

Look at it from their perspective. Glossy catalogues are expensive to produce and

but I don't find it all that unusual to separate price lists from catalogues, particularly
for foreign cars where suppliers are often overseas and dollar/euro, dollar/pound

Skip

Right, but we know that catalogues have a date printed on them, and prices are subject to change. I think most of us just want something to look at when we are not in front of the computer.
SLITS
QUOTE (thomasotten @ Nov 29 2005, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (smontanaro @ Nov 29 2005, 08:12 AM)
I ordered a printed catalogue from them as well, and I called them with the very same question, and was told that the website has the up-to-date prices.  That really defeats the purpose of a printed catalogue.

Skip

Right, but we know that catalogues have a date printed on them, and prices are subject to change. I think most of us just want something to look at when we are not in front of the computer.

pain30.gif
TROJANMAN
that's funny ron, b/c that's exactly where you go to find a catalog in my house........ lol2.gif
nomore9one4
lol2.gif Also good for.. stromberg.gif and cleaning up barf.gif
Carlitos Way
I hate to say it but I find their web page confusing and difficult to navigate. I've stopped shopping with AA because I can NEVER find what I want. I'm sure they carry the stuff I'm looking for... I just never find it. Try a key word search... and it takes you to some unknown place.

Sorry AA... just my opinion.
Cap'n Krusty
Interesting link. If you look at the oil return tube prices, and you subtract the price of the collapsible one from the price of the OE one, you get the price they're paying for the OE one. The markup on the collapsible tube is 50%, or so. The markup on the OE tube is 500%. Your friends at AA ...................... The Cap'n
blitZ
Some of their seal prices aren't bad you have to compare item to item with the other vendors. They are local for me so no shipping costs. They have some nice 914s on the lot which they are very proud of ($$), like their parts.
70Sixter
I don't care about their prices or the catalog. I think it is just safer not to deal with them.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (70Sixter @ Nov 29 2005, 12:06 PM)
I don't care about their prices or the catalog. I think it is just safer not to deal with them.

clap.gif I also wish they would stop emailing me all that spam!!Its only a deal UNTIL you actually order it!
db9146
If you figure in all of the feedback that they have come to deserve then their prices should be of no concern.......you wouldn't be ordering from them!
STL914
QUOTE (thomasotten @ Nov 29 2005, 08:19 AM)
 I think most of us just want something to look at when we are not in front of the computer.  

I agree with Thomas as far as the catalog serving a useful purpose. I have their catalog close by my laptop and often refer to it while surfing either the club's web site or eBay. I especially like the exploded views with factory part numbers and pricing. This makes a great reference source.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.