Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I think I screwed up my wheels by using a
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MoveQik
I have polished 2 liters(replicas if it matters) and I decided to try and make my life easier by using a "SAFE FOR ANY WHEEL" cleaner made by Black Magic. So I let the wheel completely cool per the instructions. Sprayed the cleaner on, hosed it off, wiped it off only to find my wheel completely farked up!! headbang.gif

I tried shining them up with the Eagle One polish. It helped a lot but didn't get them back to 100%. Any ideas? Will I need to go at the wheels with a fine sandpaper and then a machine? Is there a miracle product that can get them back for me?
MoveQik
Another....they actually look much worse in person.
Allan
Were they clear coated when you got them polished. My guess is that the spray on cleaner damaged the clear.
zymurgist
Looks like the cleaner etched the aluminum.

Before breaking out the sandpaper, I would try to buff it out. Eastwood sells buffing wheels and an arbor that can be used with a power drill if you don't have a buffer. Also, a Dremel with felt pad may be helpful but really, the tool is too small for the job.
MoveQik
QUOTE (Headrage @ Nov 29 2005, 10:42 AM)
Were they clear coated when you got them polished.  My guess is that the spray on cleaner damaged the clear.

No clear coat. Sorry, should have mentioned that.
WRX914
I don't know what kind of metal shops you have in your area. In Vegas we have a few shops that would polish your wheels for you. Based on my expierance this type of buffing work would cost you about $20-25 per wheel. That is a pretty good deal considering your wheels shine like new once they are done.

Good Luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.