Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Car cover
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rand
I want to get a decent waterproof cover for my 914. If anyone has recommendations, I'd love to hear 'em.
VegasRacer
If you want waterproof - Noah from Covercraft. I got mine on eBay for $27.00. The guy crashed his Audi TT and had a new cover he did not need. The cover is only a tiny bit to big for a teener but it works great.
bd1308
i think somebody makes them/sells them here....
b
Rand
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Nov 29 2005, 12:06 PM)
If you want waterproof - Noah from Covercraft. I got mine on eBay for $27.00. The guy crashed his Audi TT and had a new cover he did not need. The cover is only a tiny bit to big for a teener but it works great.

Wow. I'll give you $28 for it! smile.gif

hijacked.gif Hey John... done any powerkiting lately? One of the good things about winter around here...
Bleyseng
Get the Umbrella Cover from Perry Kiehl. I have one that is on the Black car now and is great. Made from some heavy waterproof stuff and it covers the windshield to the engine lid so the cabin and engine bay don't get wet.

Now if your front trunk seal is gone it won't help you but the cover rolls up nice and small so you can tuck it away. I also use it in the summer to keep the sun out and keeping the cabin cool.

heres a shitty pic
Rand
Thanks Geoff... Now I remember you mentioning that before. Sounds good. Perry is a member here? How much? Looks like it has straps to keep the wind from blowing it off?
Bleyseng
yes, Perry is a longtime 914 guy. what the hell is his name....914968 or something like that...

yes, there are 4 hooks with bunger cord that after you hook them to the wheelwells you cinch the cord and the cover won't blow off and fit snug to the car.

$100+ or something so don't quote me

perfect solution for the NW crazy weather! wub.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Rand @ Nov 29 2005, 01:14 PM)
hijacked.gif Hey John... done any powerkiting lately?

I went flying a week ago. It was a beautiful 58 degree, sunny day with a steady 12 mph wind. After 45 minutes my fingers were so numb it was hard to wind up the string. Next time I'll remember to wear gloves.
Hammy
I plan on getting one of those umbrella covers as well... They look really nice, and seem small enough to just throw on quickly in a parking lot.
But for now, I'm at a point where the paint is so bad I'm not worried about it, so I use tarp. ph34r.gif
72914S
I `m using one from an RX 7.It fits right down to the mirror pockets. All I need to do is remove the mazda decal.
ChrisReale
If you want a serious cover made to fit your 914 try a California Car Cover. Custom made to fit. Bring money though.
Gradskater
I have a Noah car cover from california car cover. It fits very well, and keeps the sap and bird droppings off nicely. It is NOT completely waterproof, but it does hold up well to an all day drizzle. I am thinking of getting another cover that is totally waterproof even in a rain storm; stormshield? or something like that. I also have an umbrella cover that I keep on at all times (except when driving) smile.gif
VWnDRAG
For quality and fit I totally agree - California Car Cover. They have different materials depending on environment or purpose. I went mid-range and couldn't be happier.
CalCarCover.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.