Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trailing Arm Adjustable link
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
I'm looking for the pic(s) recently posted showing the heim jointed outer trailing arm adjustment link that extends forward and is attached to the long. I think it was on a track car, looked very nice, and it used what looked like an anodized aluminum link. Couldn't come up with anything doing a search. Anyone?

Thanks,

Andy
Jeroen
search for "turbo" in the topic title
it was posted by mugs...
eeyore
3.3 Turbo update
Mueller
I snapped this picture while @ Patrick Motorsports
user posted image
andys
Thanks, that's what I was looking for.

Andys
jonwatts
QUOTE (Mueller @ Nov 29 2005, 12:52 PM)
I snapped this picture while @ Patrick Motorsports

Finally getting some use out of the shoe-cam?
brant
I'm on dial up right now.... (way to slow to find the picture in my vintage thread)
but I have a very similar toe adjustment brace on my car with a few pics of it.

it does some good in use too.
I had it work loose at the mounting point once this year, and could feel that something was weird or wrong while on the track.
When I came in we started looking for something loose in the rear suspension and found the forward mounting bolt loose.

the fact that I "thought" something felt funny kinda surprised me.
maybe I was hallucinating?

I also think that my forward mounting bolt worked loose from strain and pressure, but have no proof of that.

The forward mounting point extends through the entire long and ties the inside and outside of the long together. I think this is a secret brace technique that is often over looked in discussions about bracing a chassis.

brant
brant
Ok...
better connection.
here are pics:
brant
inboard view:
andys
Brant,

Is that knurled and swaged tube a standard hardware item, or is it part of a kit? Source?

Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.