Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what happened to 'go to first unread'
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ArtechnikA
we had it for a while, i liked it, now it's gone -- works just like products in the grocery store - as soon as somebody discovers i like something, it goes away ...

BTW - thanks for returning the 'new messages' button to blue - it was just TOO MUCH red for a while....
seanery
Rich,

it's still there. It just only works on new posts.

you may have a cookie problem.
ArtechnikA
i just saw it work on one thread - and then it didn't on a few others. i can't reproduce it exactly, yet. i agree it works sometimes, so it's not like the feature has been completely removed. sooner or later i'll figure why it's not working the way i expect (note that i understand this is not the same as saying it's not working 'right' - i may be misunderstanding how it's supposed to work. although i thought it used to work the way i expected :-) ...)
SirAndy
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Aug 19 2003, 03:47 PM)
i just saw it work on one thread - and then it didn't on a few others. i can't reproduce it exactly, yet. i agree it works sometimes, so it's not like the feature has been completely removed. sooner or later i'll figure why it's not working the way i expect (note that i understand this is not the same as saying it's not working 'right' - i may be misunderstanding how it's supposed to work. although i thought it used to work the way i expected :-) ...)

now you got my head spinning blink.gif

it only shows up if a thread has more than one page ...
Andy
SirAndy
oh, and btw. it DOES NOT go to the first unread post, in fact it always goes to the very last post in the thread.
that's something i would like to see fixed. Jeroen, are you reading this? laugh.gif

Andy
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 19 2003, 04:48 PM)
it only shows up if a thread has more than one page ...

that was pretty much what i'd concluded - thanks for confirming !
Lawrence
Rich,

On a thread that has a new reply, even if it's one page...

Look for the little arrow down next to the title. That will do the same thing for you.

Have an Airborne day!

-Rusty smoke.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Aug 20 2003, 03:50 AM)
Have an Airborne day!

thank you, but i think i'll be having a FedEx day !

inbound: tires - 2 225-45/16, 2 245-45/16 Yokohama.
Palm T2 to replace the dead-battery Vx
Valentine V1

ECR here i come !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.