Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: oil change.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
well first let me say this went without incident.....and without major oil leakage wink.gif

let me continute with an actual question:

what oil do people generally put in these cars when its cold outside....I did 20W-50 as recommended for this car...but I have heard even CA people putting 5W oil in these cars.....what's the scoop?

oh and i never noticed how expensive synthetic oil really is.... 5.99 a quart is unbelievably expensive.

need a hot choclate... beer3.gif

do i get a smilie_pokal.gif for doing the oil change in the FLAPS parking lot with 32 degree weather?
Allan
I think it gets pretty cold where you live. If it was me I would go with a 10-30 blend dino.
Flat VW
Shag-a -delic is in the garage lashing the valves on the 1.7, for the sixth time I think. wacko.gif

John
bd1308
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Nov 29 2005, 06:23 PM)
Shag-a -delic is in the garage lashing the valves on the 1.7, for the sixth time I think. wacko.gif

John

John,

what's he doing with the computer?

tell him to call if he needs anything.....he's got my cell number

b
mightyohm
I run 10W-30 or 10W-40. I think 20W-50 wasn't letting my car cool properly (bypassing the cooler maybe?) because when I switched my oil temps dropped dramatically.

bd1308
see i went the other way....

i dunno anymore.

next time i'm goign 10W....

b
Flat VW
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Nov 29 2005, 04:29 PM)
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Nov 29 2005, 06:23 PM)

John

John,

what's he doing with the computer?

tell him to call if he needs anything.....he's got my cell number

b

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.