Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommend an engine flush?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bmcwilli
I let the oil go a bit too long in the Toyo Highlander.

Can anyone recommend a good engine flush product?

MecGen
Hello

Wynns make a great line of oil products. Be carefull with the 5 minute flushes, its like running thinner thru the motor, it can do more damage then good.
I have used a lifter additive (cleaning type for hydrolic lifters), ran it for a day, then change oil and filter. Its way less agressive then a flush and keeps things tidy.
Wynns Tune up (lifter and antigum)
Wynns 80+ oil additive (after new oil)

I think now-a-days there are lots of brands that will do similiar.

Good Luck

beer.gif
Brotherbob
Back to back oil changes are your best bet. Dont put in some chemical never meant to lubricate your engine. Just change it hot then change it again in a few days of driving. flag.gif
Katmanken
Drain it hot, fill it up with synthetic and add a GOOD (not fram) new filter.

Drive it til the oil looks dirty, change the filter and add another quart of synthetic.

Stuff makes the insides of your motor clean.

Ken
Crazyhippy
QUOTE (Brotherbob @ Nov 30 2005, 05:03 AM)
Back to back oil changes are your best bet. Dont put in some chemical never meant to lubricate your engine. Just change it hot then change it again in a few days of driving. flag.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

change it w/ some cheap walmart special oil, run it a few days, and change it again (use the good stuff this time)

Change filters both times (good ones)

Dont do it again. smash.gif

BJH
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.