Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Loctite Blue - help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
I've purchased bolts & machine screws in the past that have a blue threadlocker on them when I bought them. After reading Loctite Blue's directions, it says to assemble right away. Is there another style of threadlocker that has been applied? Can Loctite Blue still function correctly after it's been sitting for a while.

I'm not talking 914 specific here, I've got some other items I'm curious about.

Thanks in advance.
Demick
If it is still liquid, then use it. If it has dried on the bolt, then just reapply some more Loctite and assemble.

The 'patch' that comes on some hardware that acts as a locking aid is different from the liquid that you buy in a tube.

Demick
JWest
Search "Vibra-Tite Reusable Threadlocker."

After coating your fasteners to make them self-locking and self-sealing, you can adjust, remove, and even reuse them. Use on ferrous and nonferrous metals, platings, wood, and nylon screws of all sizes. Threadlocker resists water. Cleaning parts isn't necessary, simply wipe off visible oil. You can even coat your fasteners ahead of time and store them indefinitely. Dries to the touch in seconds; however, allow to dry 10-30 minutes before assembly. Temperature range is -65° to +165° F. Color is red.
seanery
Thanks James, that looks like the ticket. I just bought a couple small vials on Ebay, we'll see if that's what I need!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.