Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PNW HELP NEEDED!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sportlicherFahrer
Was goin for 4th gear last night and broke something internal on my daily driver. Checked the shift linkage and it looks ok. Need help swapping the trans out from my wreck to my new car. Anyone ever broke any shift forks on side shift trans???? If this one is original, it has about 154K on it. 6 pack and pizza and maybe more may be in store.........THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!

Jim
messix
can't come to help but it's not very hard to do. an extra hand for that pesky top nuts on the starter and oposite top bolt and nut.

go and get the proper double square tool for the half shaft bolts, it can be done with a allen wrench or vicegrip but you'll be cussin!

oh and take the engine lid off to make gettin to the nut easer
E. Fry
Hey Jim, Let me know when and I will see if I can squeeze a little time in to give you a hand.

Eric
Root_Werks
Jim, your a little far south for me, I am 30 miles north of Seattle. Wish I could lend a hand. sad.gif
DNHunt
I could have this morning but, the wife is outa town and I got kids to take care of. Mr MOM AKA the soft touch. w00t.gif

Dave
sportlicherFahrer
The soonest it looks like I will be able to do anything is saturday afternoon. I am off at 2pm. Then I am off on sunday too. My work actually gave me hours this week. Go figure, its the week my car is down...... mad.gif Oh well, at least I have a donor car. For those that wish to help or stand around and consume a beverage or two, PM me for my address. I wonder how many 914's I can fit in my driveway. idea.gif
Bleyseng
I'll see if I can come down on Saturday, although that was the day I was aiming for to finish my car.. Hell it can wait as its been nearly a year... dry.gif
sportlicherFahrer
No big rush now, with the weather and all. My car has about 4 inches of snow on her now. I might just pull it out for now and leave it on jacks for the rest of the winter like most others. biggrin.gif Naaaaaa. Gotta have the teener driving! Just not sure when I will be able to do it now.
drgchapman
Damn Jim, a/x'd that car and drove it pretty hard, never had the tranny do anything but shift great. The ride with you on the test drive, you do bang 'em pretty hard...... Take care of that pretty liitle car now.

Gary
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.