Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Newbie to board
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
peridotian
Hello fellow 914 owners,
I bought a 1973 1.7L car a few months back that is virtually rust-free aktion035.gif and runs reasonably well. I also bought my 19 year old son a 1975 1.8L non-running with some battery box and valance panel rust to keep him out of trouble. We just returned from 3 days at the Monterey Historics and I am feeling inspired to spend a little(lot?) cash as business picks up. I looked at Raby's site and others, and am very tempted to pay for a motor 2.0 to 2.3L streetable to replace the sadly underpowered stock 1.7. Can anyone recommend a Bay Area shop that can do this turn-key? I like to tinker with the car, but would rather pay a Pro to replace the motor.
JeffBowlsby
Welcome to the Board and 914s!

Rich Bontempis High Performance House in Redwood City is one place you will want to know about.

If you're nice to him, Brad Roberts...our leader...may be able to provide anything you need...

Also, shameless plug ahead...there is a 9:14 breakfast in the South Bay every month...please be invited...last saturday of the month...watch for the posting of the details in a few days. Tere is usually a good turnout of 914 owners who are glad to help you in any way.

PS, there are a few 914 owners in the pleasanton area...
SirAndy
Brad Roberts is the guy to talk to ...
he posts here on the board once in a while laugh.gif

His shop is in Novato ...

later and welcome to the board!
Andy
Jeffs9146
Wow, two new East Bay Teeners in Two days!!

Peridotian whats your name? Tony is also new to the teen world and he lives in Livermore!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.