Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: should there be an RRC 06?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brant
Hi Folk!

I really REALLY had fun at the Red Rocks Classic this year.
thanks to the great sponsors and great attendees it was superb!

at the end of the event we discussed options of doing it again in Moab, or even changing locations to the 4-corners area.

I'm curious what the attendee's and prospective attendee's would want.

I don't want to loose even 1 of our CA people.... in fact I'd love to get a few more! So I'm cogniscient to trying to keep it somewhat close to the big state...

so how about it. Should there be an RRC 06, and where should it be?

I just had 4-5 days in Moab for Thanksgiving and boy was it nice to be back. here is a teaser or two:
brant
sorry...
can't resist a couple of more vacation pictures!
brant
last one I promise:
Ferg
Yes, yes and yes

Moab all the way!

Ferg

burnout.gif
TROJANMAN
let me think about that for a second...................

HELL YES

beer.gif

why don't you plan everything and get back to us. lol2.gif
echocanyons
Yes please have it again.

I will be sure to attend this time, I really hated to miss it last time.
echocanyons
St. George, Bryce and Zion's are really nice too.
shelby/914
YES, YES, YES!!!! especially now that I have a car that runs and should be able to make the trip. Of course there is always the F250 and trailer method.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Ferg @ Nov 30 2005, 04:15 PM)
Yes, yes and yes

agree.gif
jsteele22

Definitely, except this time lets go someplace scenic. Oh, and we should try and have beer available. And maybe a few door prizes ?

I've finally got my car registered, and if I'm lucky my taillight won't flake out when the cops are looking. So, except for moving violations, I should be okay. BTW, when I tracked down the last guy who actually registered the car, he said that someone had stolen it from him; the teenage girl who stole it was caught b/c of that intermittent taillight problem....

brant
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Nov 30 2005, 04:30 PM)
QUOTE (Ferg @ Nov 30 2005, 04:15 PM)
Yes, yes and yes

agree.gif

Andy,

you going to come then?
I want you to.
I still owe you a beer or three!

brant
StratPlayer
Yes Yes Yes, can't go wrong with Moab, still a lot more to see. Count me in....
VegasRacer
user posted image
Moab, Four Corners, Zion, Grand Canyon . . . . .
Where ever you have the RCC '06 - I will be there. boldblue.gif
(even if you have it in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho with the terrorist)
SirAndy
QUOTE (brant @ Nov 30 2005, 04:41 PM)
you going to come then?

if i have a running 914 around that time, yes, i'll be there ...

beerchug.gif Andy
Series9
I want it to be in NM next time....
rick 918-S
QUOTE (914RS @ Nov 30 2005, 05:36 PM)

I don't care where you have it. I will try to show. If I win the lottery I'll make every event.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (914RS @ Nov 30 2005, 05:36 PM)

but moab isn't in new mexico. w00t.gif

actually, santa fe or taos would not be a bad place to have it, but i think it may alienate (not you rick -pun) some of our northern friends.
Eric_Shea
Yes. Moab.

Moab offers just the right amount of amenities/scenery/roads/parks.

Plus maybe I'll be able to remember the 2nd one... drunk.gif <--- (Joe's the one on the right)
Eric_Shea

Noth'n but Steers & Queers down there. I don't recall seeing any horns on you either! w00t.gif av-943.gif

hide.gif
Series9
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Nov 30 2005, 07:02 PM)

Noth'n but Steers & Queers down there.  I don't recall seeing any horns on you either!  :woohoo:  :rotfl:

hide.gif

Wow! You REALLY don't remember, do you? sheeplove.gif
Eric_Shea
grouphug.gif wub.gif my little Piasan
LvSteveH
I had a great time, and I'd be happy to do Moab again if the opportunity presents itself. Actually, my prep for the trip must have been ok, poor little car has been my daily driver every day since.
MoveQik
You guys are cracking me up already. Hell, have the thing anywhere you want. I'll be there again. My car might even be a little faster by then.... cool_shades.gif

All I ask is that Joe keeps the cops away and keeps his alternative names for certain body parts to himself. ***dumpster.....christ that was funny.
Series9
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Nov 30 2005, 07:34 PM)
***dumpster

I hope you're not using that in your daily real estate endeavours. It wouldn't be good for business.
MoveQik
QUOTE (914RS @ Nov 30 2005, 06:55 PM)
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Nov 30 2005, 07:34 PM)
***dumpster

I hope you're not using that in your daily real estate endeavours. It wouldn't be good for business.

I've tried but the proper situation has yet to present itself. Of course, I'm not quite sure what that situation would be???
TurtleGirl
I would really love to have it in NM, too...

I'll go to Moab or wherever. I'll have a running car by the next one!!!
smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Mrs. K
I'd love to go too.....after looking at all the pics....it looked like a really great time!

However....think I'll steer clear of Joe and Shea ( drunk.gif ).....
don't want to "praise the porcelain god" barf.gif lol3.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
JoeSharp
I agree with Rick, I'll be there no matter what.
Lisa: I hope you ment the other Joe.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Nov 30 2005, 09:40 PM)
I agree with Rick, I'll be there no matter what.
Lisa: I hope you ment the other Joe.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe

Of course I did!!!!! Shea made a comment about them getting pretty wasted......besides....did you go...sorry I don't remember?

You the man Joe Sharp......I'd party with you anytime...just not with the "Tekilllya" lol3.gif

Lisa smoke.gif wink.gif
brant
Ok.. great response everyone.
I'm detecting an overwhelming preference to keep in in moab.
thanks for the reassurance...

TROJANMAN
b/c the WCC isn't until mid july this year, what about pushing up the RRC to mid april or may? i may not be able to wait until next september. biggrin.gif
brant
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Nov 30 2005, 11:17 PM)
b/c the WCC isn't until mid july this year, what about pushing up the RRC to mid april or may? i may not be able to wait until next september. biggrin.gif

but Greg....
you don't have to wait.
there is going to be a 914 Track weekend event in a small colorado town this summer before RRC..

we can terrorize or take hostage the whole colorado country side!
your coming to that right?
we can call it CTC if it helps you feel more comfortable.
(cow town classic)

(I'm not sure of my racing calendar yet though... so I personally am hesitant to committ to any dates between april and october right now.)
SharonG
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Dec 1 2005, 12:17 AM)

I'm with Greg - besides, that's a big Jeepin' season, so the opportunity to meet entertaining Grandma-lovers increases. Regardless when it gets scheduled, though, I'll drag Mike there.

Maybe we'll even bring "my" 914! biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (SharonG @ Dec 1 2005, 07:03 AM)
Maybe we'll even bring "my" 914!  :D

i can't wait until it's finished. when is mike going to put that 2.7 into YOUR car? mueba.gif

Brant, ASPEN has red rocks and a track idea.gif
SharonG
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Dec 1 2005, 11:03 AM)
when is mike going to put that 2.7 into your car? mueba.gif

Actually, the green one he just bought is "mine"... although it seems he's been buying duplicates of parts for "my" 914... I wonder what's up with that?! idea.gif
brant
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Dec 1 2005, 10:03 AM)
QUOTE (SharonG @ Dec 1 2005, 07:03 AM)
Maybe we'll even bring "my" 914!  :D

i can't wait until it's finished. when is mike going to put that 2.7 into YOUR car? mueba.gif

Brant, ASPEN has red rocks and a track idea.gif

I can't pull that off Greg.
its a private track.
nice concept thou...
effutuo101
beer.gif I will try to stay this time!
StratPlayer
Joe's mean looking machine crusing the desert, a pic I forgot to post
MoveQik
QUOTE (StratPlayer @ Dec 1 2005, 06:42 PM)

I can't believe anyone was able to get that close to his car! However, had I not missed second gear pulling out of the parking lot, I think I could have caught him. laugh.gif
Ferg
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Dec 1 2005, 06:47 PM)

I can't believe anyone was able to get that close to his car! However, had I not missed second gear pulling out of the parking lot, I think I could have caught him. laugh.gif

well from the sound I heard GRIIINNNNDDD ohmy.gif I think you found 2nd, engaging it well... av-943.gif

Ferg
Gint
MOAB!

I'm in. user posted image
Toast
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Dec 1 2005, 07:47 PM)

I got to go for a "threesome" ride in the RS!!! w00t.gif

As much as I love Moab, I would probably pass on future events......unless I became a millionair.
This last RRC reaaaaaaaaly hurt my pocketbook, and I barely made it back to Cali.
sad.gif But thanks to my fellow 914 lovers, I did. Thanks! smiley_notworthy.gif pray.gif

Maybe I should bring the wheelbarrow. wink.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE (Toast @ Dec 1 2005, 11:36 PM)
I got to go for a "threesome" ride in the RS!!! w00t.gif

Just find some willing accomplices from CA and do another threesome from there to the RRC. You gotta go. beerchug.gif
shelby/914
Brant, FYI the Aspen track cost $2250 for a Sunday event last year. No word on cost for this year yet. You need a real good turnout to keep costs reasonable. We are planning on 27 Aug this year.
brant
QUOTE (shelby/914 @ Dec 2 2005, 08:17 AM)
Brant, FYI the Aspen track cost $2250 for a Sunday event last year. No word on cost for this year yet. You need a real good turnout to keep costs reasonable. We are planning on 27 Aug this year.

Dan,

thats not soo bad as rentals go.
cheaper than PPIR.

but the main point of my upcoming track day is simplicity.
I don't intend to organize my own day, because I don't want to deal with ambulances, scheduling, coordination, corner workers, non-thinking participants, meals, lodging, or liability.

so I'm piggybacking onto an already existing event with all of those things.
we could piggy back onto aspen, but I seriously doubt people will attend an event that will cost 150 for a single day and another 150 lodging, and 150 meals= $450

I recognize that a teener folk need a 150-175 total price range for 2 days TOTAL.
so I'm working on something like that.

brant
Rhodes71/914
Wish I could go, but it is a long drive from Alaska. I will be there in January trying out my new Syncro Vanagon before I make the drive north. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.