Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: problem???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
grasshopper
ok, i just though of something.... yes i can think w00t.gif i just put in a wiring harness that came from a 74 2.0, well, this is for a 75 with a 1.8 engine in it. Thus, the fuel pump is run by the dual relay, not by one of the small round relays on the relay board. Is the wiring in the main harness differnet for 1.8 cars, and 1.7/2.0??? Thanks
ejm
Main harnesses vary by model year but not engine type

The dual relay has 5 connections to the vehicle.. diagram and legend....check that the wire going to T12/12 is connected correctly
sean_v8_914
I see a re-surgence in L-Jet activity here. I like L-Jet. Under teh battery tray was not an ideal location for the Fuel Pump/ Dual Relay. I have opened a few of these and due to replacement's cost and availability consider it worth fixing. open it and clean it well. as long as teh contacts can be cleaned and the coil has continuity, youre in luck.

as far as year model vs FI to main harness compatibility...yada yada...

my 74 ran a 1.8 L-jet stock. when it died, I plugged in a 71 1.7 D-Jet. I also used a 75 L-Jet set up in my 74 1.8 car
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.