Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Transmission shop needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
reedhmb
Hi,
Wondering if anyone could recommend a transmission shop that is familiar with flipping the ring and pinion on a 915 and installing a WEVO kit. I’m hoping to find something in northern CA so I don’t have to ship the trans and 10:31 ring and pinion. I’ll probably ask WEVO directly if they have any recommendations, but I’m also hoping to hear from anyone who has “been there done that” to learn any pros and cons of the shops they chose.

Thanks, Mark
McMark
AFAIK, WEVO can actually do the work themselves.
Britain Smith
You can't go wrong with WEVO.

-Britain
neo914-6
Welcome Mark! clap.gif There are quite a few of us in the Bay Area with V8 914's in various states of completion. There is even one in your neck of the woods. I'll send his info to you via PM.

915+WEVO is a big $ decision. Depending on your power, consider 930 and Bobby Hart for the work. Better, stronger gearing, same cost to flip, and not much more money. Check out my signature links...
East coaster
I can tell you who not to give it to! headbang.gif
MikeP
I'd have to agree with Felix. The real money is in the conversion not the trans, so why not spend a little more up front for a 930. I've got a flipped 915 I can't bear to part with after seeing how much my budget ran off with the 930...think just shy of 5 figures. Bobby did my 930 and from what I'm told and what I've seen he is the best around.
Britain Smith
The 930 is great and all, that is until you try to figure out a reliable shifting solution. I agree, the 930 is a very strong transmission. However, I would be swayed to the 915 solution based purely on the WEVO shifting solution. I help Bradhole work on a 930 V-8 car and setting up all the custom shifter stuff was crappy...and it didn't work all that great either.

You should talk to Hayden over at WEVO, I would venture to say that the 915 can be built to suit your needs. The 10:31 R&P will help also.

-Britain
MikeP
They've got pretty reliable cable shift set-ups for the 930 now.
reedhmb
I want to thank everyone for the posts and emails. Thanks to one of the members I may have a lead on a guru for the job. I'm running the stock trans now, and it is a tired tail shifter. I'm not running alot of HP and a strong trany probably isn't a necessity, but it is more of a want. I realize the 930 is much stronger, but the WEVO 915 looks almost plug and play, plus it's more pretty than a cable shifter smile.gif

Mark
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.