Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Garage Tunes/ OR
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dead Air
Shopped Salvation Army and found this little number!
Bose 301's are LOUD! biggrin.gif
CD player is junk though! mad.gif
double-a
aktion035.gif rock on! i need a decent cd player for my garage/work area.

~a
tat2dphreak
I pipe the mp3s from my computer out there... for a cheap cd player to use with an amp/receiver, cheap dvd players are cool, most even play mp3 cds... smilie_pokal.gif
bondo
I have 4 speakers and a sub in my garage.. I probably listen to music there more than anywhere else. No complaints from the neighbors... yet. smile.gif

I definitely need to get an MP3 solution out there. biggrin.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
My garage "sound system" lol2.gif

Dear Ol' Dad's 1972 Harmon Kardon stereo receiver and early 1980's Radio Shack speakers (the other one is on the other side of the garage). The AM/FM receiver is a GoodWill unit I bought several years back for it's memory capabilities so I could listen to different radio stations...so far I still only listen to one station rolleyes.gif The HK works great except for some static only when turning the volume knob. I replaced the internal 24v bulbs myself and saved a wad of $$$ from the local HK service shop.
Air_Cooled_Nut
In operation. Normally the HK is not lit up as I have the more modern unit piped into the HK. This picture shows the FM side lit up...the left side would light up if I put it in AM mode.
bd1308
ohmy.gif That thing looks beatiful.......

wub.gif

if you ever let that go, pm me.

b
Tobra
Next time you are at Radio Shack, get some electrical contact cleaner, maybe will be called TV cleaner. It leaves no residue. Pull the cover off, and use it on the knob, switch or rheostat that is a problem. It does not last, but it will help. Of course you could just leave it cranked to 11
bd1308
QUOTE (Tobra @ Dec 1 2005, 05:06 PM)
Next time you are at Radio Shack, get some electrical contact cleaner, maybe will be called TV cleaner. It leaves no residue. Pull the cover off, and use it on the knob, switch or rheostat that is a problem. It does not last, but it will help. Of course you could just leave it cranked to 11

av-943.gif

b
Air_Cooled_Nut
Heh, thanks...my family takes pretty good care of stuff...my 1972 VW Squareback that used to belong to my parents, for eample wink.gif I still have the orginal owner's manuals for both items (HK and VW).
tat2dphreak
you can also clean electrical pots with a combo of mineral spirits and everclear... that's how I cleaned up my fender tremolux('64) when I bought it about 12 years ago, pots still silky smooth! smilie_pokal.gif
IanStott
I have an AIWA ghetto blaster in my garage that I bought in Germany in 1977, can't kill that thing and it still sounds good. Once in a while I clean the dust off of it with a shovel!!

Ian Stott
Moncton
campbellcj
I have the main home theater system piped to the garage as well as the back yard thru a separate NAD amp; so total 9 speakers PLUS 2 10" subs when all are powered up...something around 1400W of total amplification aktion035.gif
MecGen
Cool

I had a early 70's 8 track that just blew up. When I was out West this summer, I bought a small home system for the ride home and now its in the shop.
I am in renovation mode at the shop, and a serious sound system is in the plans ar15.gif

Later
beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.