Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Leftover part - What is it?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nick mironov
The round object in the lower right hand corner of the picture was in the parts bag with all of the other clutch cable pully assembly items that I removed from the transmission. I can't remember what it is or where it goes. I don't see the part in the Porsche manual.

Anybody know where it goes?
SirAndy
QUOTE (nick mironov @ Dec 1 2005, 09:52 AM)
Anybody know where it goes?

that looks un-familiar, are you sure it actually came off the pulley assembly?

idea.gif Andy
nick mironov
All I know that it was in my parts bag. It either came off the clutch cable pully assembly when I took it apart or it got in there by accident and it is actually from something else altogether.

Strangely enough, its inside diameter is the same as the threaded rod of the clutch cable termination and it slides right over it - maybe a coincidence?

By the way, is there a cover that is supposed to go over the assmbly, or is the pully just exposed? Mine did not have a cover.
SirAndy
QUOTE (nick mironov @ Dec 1 2005, 09:58 AM)
By the way, is there a cover that is supposed to go over the assmbly, or is the pully just exposed? Mine did not have a cover.

no cover, i just hit it with a bit of brake-cleaner every other week and put some lube on the wheel ...

wink.gif Andy
Cap'n Krusty
That part goes in the timing belt cover of a Rabbit or Jetta, among others. The Cap'n
Brian_Boss
I am going to guess that it was placed under the clutch adjuster nut to compensate for a problem somewhere in the release mechanism. My car had a Craftsman 1/4 drive deep socket on there as a spacer. Turned out that the pedal roll pin was sheared but it still sort of worked with that socket in there to take up slack in the cable. DPO's...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.