Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kumhos - good for AutoXing??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
The Hoosier's that came with my car are shot. As a
novice to autoxing would Kumho's be a good tire
to use? I read the buyers reports on the TireRack
website overall the comments were ok for
Autox use.

I have a set of Fuch's that I was planning to put a
set of Kumho's on for daily use. My thought was
to try them on a few autoX's if I like them then get
another set for the fuch's and keep the used ones
on the spare set of rims for autoxing. They will be
205-50-15.

Garold
EdwardBlume
I'm using the Kuhmo Victo's right now with positive results. laugh.gif
ChrisReale
represent a great value. Not the stickiest of the lot, but well worth their price
nine14cats
I agree about the Vracers. I had a set on my car when it was stock (2.0 '74) and it made the biggest difference switching to them from street tires. For auto-x they hook up nice and for track events the come into the sweet spot nicely and stay there. When the get too hot on the track, they tend to get greasy, but once cooled down they seem to come back. And they last pretty long.

Of course, who am I to say....over the past 12 months I've gone from a "i'm just going to go out there and have fun" type of guy to a "i'm going to go out there and have fun, with a tricked out money pit" type of guy rolleyes.gif rolleyes.gif

Just watch out...if you're weak like me, it can get out of hand...it all started with the tires!!!

You could end up like this....
GaroldShaffer
Just watch out...if you're weak like me, it can get out of hand...it all started with the tires!!!
You could end up like this....

Oh, that would never happen cool_shades.gif
I'm just a ""i'm just going to go out there and have fun" type of guy laugh.gif

Nice car you have there.

- Garold
ynotdd
mueba.gif
I have used Hoosier's and now i am using Kumho's they both are great Kumho are cheaper!
205/50/15 on fuchs(914)
porsche735
Be careful... There are 2 different Kumho's. The Victoracers and the Ecsta V700's. The Ecstas are crap. Run away from them. The Victoracers are a great tire. Not quite as sticky as the Hoosiers, but last about twice as long...

Chris
URY914
The Kuhmos Vracers are very good. I don't know why people send so much more for Hoosier's.

And be careful, my first upgrade to this car when it was a daly driver was a set of R compound tires and look were I'm at now...
mskala
Kumhos - good for AutoXing??

Damn straight!

(nine14cats, you're car looks like a TR7 with that
paint job laugh.gif )
URY914
"The shape of things to come"

TR7 ad copy from 1976

Paul
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.