Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Trade for Bike! Any takers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
surferjoe
I just posted my 76 914 in the classified section. In case anyone here wants to trade their bike for my car! ohmy.gif

It's salvaged from a theft recovery when I bought it. Very nice shape. Great driver. Very minimal rust.

I have more photos if you want to see them. The car is at my parents in storage in Tustin, Ca.

Basically I am looking for a GSXR or other type of fast bike I can cruise around the town. My storage time for the 914 is running out!!

Peace! ar15.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Matt Monson
Oh,
You mean a sport bike. I saw the title and immediately thought of my friend who is trying to sell a $2500 full suspension mtn bike to finance the purchase of a 914...
WRX914
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
surferjoe
QUOTE (audioculture @ Dec 1 2005, 11:00 AM)
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

I dont have a hosting page to put my pics up. Any suggestions?
SirAndy
QUOTE (surferjoe @ Dec 1 2005, 12:06 PM)

yes, how about your blog ???

wink.gif Andy
surferjoe
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 1 2005, 11:14 AM)
QUOTE (surferjoe @ Dec 1 2005, 12:06 PM)

yes, how about your blog ???

wink.gif Andy

Ok, can I submit pics here or do I have to store them on a web site and link to it? I dont see the upload photo option in my rant! blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (surferjoe @ Dec 1 2005, 12:20 PM)
Ok, can I submit pics here or do I have to store them on a web site and link to it? I dont see the upload photo option in my rant! blink.gif

well, we do have a FAQ that explains the inner workings of this great BBS, including how to post pictures ...

and then there's your blog (that little button under each of your posts) which allows you to add as many pictures as you want.
you can then either point people to your blog or link to the pictures in it ...

as always, the FAQ is your friend!
rolleyes.gif Andy
Aaron Cox
PM drifterjay. he has a bike he wants to unload i think
surferjoe
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 1 2005, 11:23 AM)
QUOTE (surferjoe @ Dec 1 2005, 12:20 PM)
Ok, can I submit pics here or do I have to store them on a web site and link to it? I dont see the upload photo option in my rant!  :blink:

well, we do have a FAQ that explains the inner workings of this great BBS, including how to post pictures ...

and then there's your blog (that little button under each of your posts) which allows you to add as many pictures as you want.
you can then either point people to your blog or link to the pictures in it ...

as always, the FAQ is your friend!
rolleyes.gif Andy

Linked it to my Craigslist ad in L.A.

huh.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (surferjoe @ Dec 1 2005, 12:32 PM)
Linked it to my Craigslist ad in L.A.

ah, why do people always opt for the easy way out ??? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif Andy

PS: nice car!
HotRod
GSXR? Too bad, I've got a hardtail 1961 Harley Sportster I've been thinkin about selling. New Ps and Cs, completely rebuile tranny (Andrews gears), new valves and springs...
WRX914
Take the Harley!!!

IF you are going to trade your car that DEFINATELY WILL increase in value, you better get a bike that should do the same. Older Harleys are fun to own, seems that everyone wants to look at it and shoot the shit with the owner. 1961 is an older Harley, and don't be too scared to own a sportster. While if you bought a new one, you would prolly hear... " Nice chick bike". But an older one always gets respect. If you want a screamer, simply put a turbo on it and hang on. I met a guy at Bike week two years ago that had a turbo Sportster, and he kicked the pants off of the GSXR's. I know it cause I watched him do it at damn near every stoplight. Jap sportbikes are a dime a dozen... when what the last time you saw a 61' sportster? Besides a 61' sportster is essentially a giant vibrator, chicks love em!!!

w00t.gif
Flat VW
IF you are going to trade your car that DEFINATELY WILL increase in value...

av-943.gif

J
WRX914
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Dec 1 2005, 01:12 PM)
IF you are going to trade your car that DEFINATELY WILL increase in value...

av-943.gif

J

It IS pretty hilarious isn't it?
charlesmac
Man, i wish this would've happened a couple of months sooner. I just sold my '01 Triumph speed triple. Would much rather have had a running teener than pay my car off. I tired of looking at my restoration candidate covered up in the garage. I swear i'll start on it one day.
JmuRiz
First question, being a motorcycle guy myself, is how much experience on motorcycles do you have? That will determine if someone should be offering up an older 600 or a newer liter bike etc.
Man, that Speed Triple would have been a great trade, great bike...love the streetfighters!
surferjoe
QUOTE (HotRod @ Dec 1 2005, 11:55 AM)
GSXR? Too bad, I've got a hardtail 1961 Harley Sportster I've been thinkin about selling. New Ps and Cs, completely rebuile tranny (Andrews gears), new valves and springs...

Hehehehe, I should have made myself more clear. I am most CERTAINLY OPEN to trading for a Harley! hehehehe biggrin.gif

In fact I wanted to get a Harley first, but a GSXR makes a nice close second place.

Let see some pics! smile.gif
jim912928
As an employee of Harley Motor Company.....GET THE HARLEY!!!!
Dr Evil
I am selling this nice BMW, but it is not as high performance as the littler crotch rockets. It sacrafices off the line for durability. Its garaged in San Diego, CA in a members garage idea.gif
New paint, 750cc FI 3cyl.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Dec 1 2005, 09:31 PM)
I am selling this nice BMW, but it is not as high performance as the littler crotch rockets. It sacrafices off the line for durability. Its garaged in San Diego, CA in a members garage idea.gif

beemer! drooley.gif
Dr Evil
Not just any, but a one of a kind modified K75S with K1100RS fairing package.....If I only had more room and money dry.gif
jimtab
I have seen this bike and it is very nice....and I think pretty damn fast...
surferjoe
QUOTE (jimtab @ Dec 1 2005, 10:51 PM)
I have seen this bike and it is very nice....and I think pretty damn fast...

Wow, what a response! Thanks guys. I have a guy local here who wants to trade his GSXR but it has a salvaged title and he's a little vague on why it is. On cars that usually is ok with me depending on the situation. But bikes I am not sure of.

If any of you want to see the car it's at my parents stored in the garage. Tustin, CA

Nice hills in the area to take it out on! boldblue.gif

BIGKAT_83 has a GSXR1100 01 model he let me know about. I would like to see the pics for that. Anyone know where he is?
Root_Werks
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 1 2005, 09:43 PM)
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Dec 1 2005, 09:31 PM)

beemer! drooley.gif

agree.gif drooley.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Judging by the pictures posted alone, the car looks beautiful! I'd trade my '81 Goldwing for it but it's only good for 1+1 comfy riding biggrin.gif and not the speed you'd want in a gixxer. Hope your 914 goes to a good home smile.gif
user posted image
effutuo101
[QUOTE]Wow, what a response! Thanks guys. I have a guy local here who wants to trade his GSXR but it has a salvaged title and he's a little vague on why it is. On cars that usually is ok with me depending on the situation. But bikes I am not sure of.

Probably because it was raced and wreaked...hard. cosmetics are cheap, but the motor probably has deeper issues..
surferjoe
QUOTE (effutuo101 @ Dec 2 2005, 04:39 PM)
[QUOTE]Wow, what a response! Thanks guys. I have a guy local here who wants to trade his GSXR but it has a salvaged title and he's a little vague on why it is. On cars that usually is ok with me depending on the situation. But bikes I am not sure of.

Probably because it was raced and wreaked...hard. cosmetics are cheap, but the motor probably has deeper issues..

True! I'm staying away from that one.......
sean_v8_914
mikes bike runs well
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.