Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail Vinyl
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
I ordered a set of Camp914 replacement Sail vinyl and received it within day. Great service! But I have a question: The three pieces I recieved was all one grain and matched perfectly to the center top piece that covers the roll bar. It has kinda a hard, small pebble type grain. But the existing side vinyl on my car is a smoother, type. In fact, my existing sail vinyl matches exactly to the vinyl grain of the dashboard. Is my car historically incorrect, or were there some 914s that had a smoother, more natural vinyl on the sides?
McMark
My experience leads me to believe that the small pebble style of vinyl is original and correct.
Porsche Rescue
By "dash board" do you mean the dash top pad or the dash face where the knobs/heater controls/radio/glove box are located? The sail panels should not be smooth but kind of sandpaper rough. The dash face vinyl will match the door panel basket weave.
If your sail vinyl does not match the roll bar top, someone has recovered your sails in the wrong stuff.
thomasotten
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Dec 1 2005, 06:31 PM)

If your sail vinyl does not match the roll bar top, someone has recovered your sails in the wrong stuff.

But the wrong stuff looks better! I guess mine had been recovered with the wrong stuff, but it is an exact match for the upper dash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.