Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone Know of these cars?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
Here are a few photos from last weekend. I found a few teeners around the area but none in the paddock area at the track or participating in the Historics. Anyone seen this car around? I took the picture over the fence in the auction.
EdwardBlume
Geez that thing is hot looking... where was this??? Auction??
rick 918-S
This one was at a little show on lighthouse. I spoke with the guy briefly. He hadn't heard of the 914club site. I invited him to visit and post his car for sale here.
vortrex
isn't that black one the ebay car a dealer wanted $30k+ for?
rick 918-S
For sale....Any takers?
rick 918-S
rear shot
vortrex
what motor does it have?
rick 918-S
How about this one? anyone here own it?
rick 918-S
Check out the sponsor on the right fender....Hmmmm confused24.gif
rick 918-S
This car was in the parking lot with the wine and cheese
rick 918-S
Very niiiicccceeee wub.gif
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(rich 918-S @ Aug 19 2003, 09:02 PM)
For sale....Any takers?
"71 - 916 - C... $28.5"

916?

don't they have their roofs Welded on?
The roof on the Silver car does Not look like the roof is welded on!

That Black 914 does in fact look like that car from ebay, where the members
of this BBS corrected the ad that the dealer had put out there. smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Scott Carlberg @ Aug 19 2003, 10:54 PM)
don't they have their roofs Welded on?
The roof on the Silver car does Not look like the roof is welded on!

yep, you can clearly see the rubber seal at the front of the targa-top ...
FAKE, but then again, i like to call my car a "916 Targa" cool.gif

Andy
Brad Roberts
The name says "Peter Gregg".. I wonder if it is the famous race car driver "Peter Gregg"..

B
dbelleperc
And If that was a "916" you might want to add a zero at the end of the 28,500.00 to about 285,000.00 mueba.gifmueba.gif
Brad Roberts
The Hedonism car belongs/ed to a guy named Tom (I forget his lat name) that runs a Porsche used parts business in SoCal. He is tied in pretty deep with Pelican.

I'm now officially betting that the silver 914/916 look car belongs to THE Peter Gregg.

B
seanery
Tom owned a company called "Factory Tours".

He used to have swap meets at his place out in the desert hills. Cool place!
I bought a five lug suspension from him that I ended up selling to a guy in WI.
seanery
The sign on the 916, said "Built by Brumos" for Peter Gregg.

So, I'm guessing it's a 914-6 converted. If they have the history, could be an interesting car.
Ferg
Hey rich, looked for you but never saw you...
The black car is the car that the dealer has had for sale in florida for ever... The one with the red and yellow engine paint, and the red role bar. I paid the bucks to get into the fence and it was a really nice car, they wanted 40k for it at the auction rolleyes.gif
Missed the silver peter greg car.
Hope you had as much fun as I did.
Ferg
Lawrence
That Hedo car looks fast just sitting there... is it set up for endurance road racing (with all the lights)?

We need a drool-smiley.
seanery
he was gonna do a rally with it IIRC. Don't know if it ever did or not, though.
URY914
The black car in the first does look like the $70,000 car which was for sale in Sarsota FL. Here is a picture I took of it at Sebring. I heard that it had been finally sold.
URY914
I would say the seller of silver 916 look-like is trying to cash in on the real 916. If you remember the real Brumos 916 is owned by Dr. 914 himself, G. Hussey.

The sign in the window is a tease.

Paul
Ferg
Paul, yep your right, that is the same car... Don't know however it it was the dealer who had it there or the guy who bought it recently...
Ferg.
rick 918-S
Ferg, Yep, Had a great time. Took lots of off topic car photo's. I was hoping I'd get a call on the cell from any of the club crew in the area. I'm not sure when I'll be back out that way. We arrived home at 2:00 am monday morning and bought lake property on Monday at 10:00 am. I'm going to be locked in here for a few years nows!
anthony
I saw the Hedonism car and Olav's car at Concorso Italiano that same weekend.
71six
Some years ago AA had a 916 clone for sale that looks identical to the silver car. I suspect they created it-not Brumos.
Mark
airsix
QUOTE(Lawrence @ Aug 20 2003, 06:38 AM)
That Hedo car looks fast just sitting there...

Yeah, It's a real uh... "balls out" racecar.
vortrex
was curious, had to call about the brumos car 916 replica...

is not built from an original /6

is a 2.2S conversion with approx 3k miles on rebuild

brumos built the car sometime around '80, which is apparently right before peter gregg's death?

full documentation saying brumos built it and peter gregg owned it.

AA bought the car when they bought the real 916 and did another restoration (new paint, interior, etc, etc).

car was originally red and was dipped (not sure if he meant red when new or red from brumos).

fiberglass flares.

says it is near show car condition.

current owner has it about 2 years and is flexible on the price, said he wants to move it.
Jeffs9146
I spoke with the guy about the 916 about a month ago! He was asking 32.5K for it then and was very firm sounding. I was going to go and look at it but I have been to busy! It sounds like a very nice car! He did tell me it was Brumos built and seemed very knowledgable on the history of the car. And expressed an interest in trading for my factory 6!

Jeff
Jeffs9146
The Ad!

Jeff
Aaron Cox
a suspect the "c" in "916-c" is for Clone
anthony
Why does he call it a 916 "C"? Is that for convertible? :-) It doesn't appear to have the welded on top.
anthony
Wow, how'd that happen? Were you reading my mind acox?
Jeffs9146
C=Clone That would be my first guess! He was kind of a pushy guy, trying to sell me that the car is a rare Gem!

Jeff
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(anthony @ Aug 25 2003, 05:05 PM)
Wow, how'd that happen? Were you reading my mind acox?

yes.... lol2.gif
vortrex
he actually is the one who brought up the negotiable price as I was leaving. he sounded very interested in moving the car.

yes anthony, the top is still removable. he said most everything else on the car is the way 916's were, including the dash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.