Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you spend more time on 914Club...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thomasotten
It occurred to me last night, while I was browsing this board, that I could actually be working on my car, instead of reading stuff on the board. The board in invaluable, but I have come to a point where I check it several times a day, and have sometimes come to spend more time on the forum, when I should have been outside, or in the garage working on the car.
fiid
I can read the club board whilst at work and whilst looking after the kids. Working on the car requires uninterrupted time in the garage which is more of a rarity these days.
Trekkor
When I get home from work, the news is on or a movie.

the board is there to take up the slack...

The news is bad and most movies hurl.

KT
Aaron Cox
reading the board = knowledge
working on car = time
efficiency = time x knowledge

so... your more efficient, when working on your car, with the knowledge you gain from this place biggrin.gif
jonwatts
Guilty as charged, but I have a million excuses like

• too dark
  • too wet
  • too cold

72914S
I spend more time reading now that the car is running.So ya`ll have to quit coming up new ways to improve these little jems or I`ll be back up on blocks again!!! (insert car on jack stands)
bondo
I have a computer in my garage... so I can do both simultaneously! biggrin.gif
Eric Taylor
At school I don't have the 914 so I spend a lot of the time on the board, I mean a LOT. I've actualy been trying to cut back on the time I spend on the board. It's amazing how much time I spend on here, but where else can I talk 914's smile.gif?
Eric
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Dec 2 2005, 11:53 AM)
At school I don't have the 914 so I spend a lot of the time on the board, I mean a LOT. I've actualy been trying to cut back on the time I spend on the board. It's amazing how much time I spend on here, but where else can I talk 914's smile.gif?
Eric

me too unsure.gif
ewdysar
First: what 's the over/under on how long it will take for the first member that spends more time working on his car to log on and vote...
Second: Spending time on the Club is a lot less conspicuous to my boss than re-building a brake caliper on my desk smash.gif
I will say that the time I've spent here has greatly increased the list of 914 projects that I'm not working on... beerchug.gif

Eric
Tobra
You are compulsive, seek professional help. I don't really spend that much time working on mine, but it runs well and needs painted more than anything else
gopack
aktion035.gif
have to admit, it IS easier to read than get anything accomplished! but it IS time to get to work and meet some goals!
Now if i can only sell the M3 to finance the 914!
jimtab
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 2 2005, 08:46 AM)
When I get home from work, the news is on or a movie.

the board is there to take up the slack...

The news is bad and most movies hurl.

KT

agree.gif But that being said, I just watched Mr & Mrs Smith last nite...good movie and she is SO HOT, I love to see a pic of her mom, I've seen her dad and he isn't hideous but ....damn!
effutuo101
I spend more time reading here then working on my car since it starts when I want to drive it, it stops when I want to stop and it turns when I want..I guess that means that I need to upgrade the brakes, put a new motor in and change out the rims and tyres.
beer.gif
Bleyseng
I have been getting about 4 hrs during the week and about 4 hrs on the weekend on the car. Hell, its almost running....

Its taken almost a year to-
refresh the engine with a new cam & lifters, new pistons, clean up the heads and add new HD springs, retainers
new Koni Yellows with adjustable perches in the rear, 911 front struts w/ Carrera caliper w/ vented/drilled discs, bearings, hubs etc and swap in a set of 3rd and 4th gears out of a 912 into the tranny and replace some gaskets.

ohmy.gif
Eric Taylor
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 2 2005, 11:53 AM)
Eric

me too unsure.gif

Word aaron - hard to find car guys on campus. Us youngins should ban together as the next generation of aircoole freaks. Are you coming to the WCC?
Eric
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Dec 2 2005, 07:11 PM)
Eric

me too unsure.gif

Word aaron - hard to find car guys on campus. Us youngins should ban together as the next generation of aircoole freaks. Are you coming to the WCC?
Eric

should be.....

but there are 2 914's on campus smile.gif here

see you in july?
bd1308
count me in as anouther aircooled freak--

WCC is pretty far away....but i'm sure i coudl make it

b
ws91420
Car is over an hour away right now awaiting me to put transmission back together and install it.
Toast
I spend WAAAAAAYYYY too much time here. I'm so obsessed that I was spending time on the club when I should have been looking for residency! slap.gif

My 914 is screaming for attention....."If you wont change the rear brakes and replace that door handle that you have had in the glove box for months now, at least wash me Please! " rolleyes.gif
sean_v8_914
get to work!
sean_v8_914
GET TO WORK!!
sean_v8_914
VETE A TRABAJAR BUEY!!! dead horse.gif
sean_v8_914
ARE YOU STILL HERE READING?
grab that sawsall
sean_v8_914
You guys motivate me. this board provides information and much motivation
jimtab
DUDE....how many fucking engines do you have....and why?....Damn! Oh, and by the way they all look real nice.... biggrin.gif
sean_v8_914
oh brothers motivate me now. Look whats next ohmy.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Dec 2 2005, 10:51 PM)
You guys motivate me. this board provides information and much motivation

Is this a dino kit? Damn I love those cars, buddy of mine is the original owner of a very early one I think it's a '68 spyder....very nice car.... and very well sorted at this point...
sean_v8_914
c
jimtab
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Dec 2 2005, 10:55 PM)

Love the date stamp on the pic
sean_v8_914
I love engine building engines! when i was a kid I built models. I still do do but now I get to drive them

how many you say? not enough. I wanna build one of those Jake stroker 2270 kits. some of the projects I've seen on this site are awesome. when my project stalls, I come here for courage or knowledge.
sean_v8_914
more motivation to complete your project 914
Eric Taylor
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 2 2005, 07:47 PM)
QUOTE (Eric Taylor @ Dec 2 2005, 07:11 PM)
Eric

me too unsure.gif

Eric

should be.....

but there are 2 914's on campus smile.gif here

see you in july?

2 on campus ohmy.gif , f-me I'm lucky to see one around town. yeah - first WCC . I'm tired of waiting and the car's running. finally.... smile.gif
ERic
Eric Taylor
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 2 2005, 10:02 PM)
count me in as anouther aircooled freak--

WCC is pretty far away....but i'm sure i coudl make it

b

Alright britt - Would love to meet another computer/914 freak. Were a rare bread biggrin.gif.
Eric
Porcharu
I spend alot of time here while at work because I have nothing to do at work.
This has become a very expensive problem so far this year, I have bought a nice 914, a very nice bandsaw, beltsander, a big CNCMill and Subaru engine and trans all on line while at work. So after 3 hours of mixed 914 club and CNCZone I do one final email check and go home.
When I get home I work ON the garage, beer3.gif someday (soon) when everything is put away and I can actually use my workbench sawzall-smiley.gif and welding table welder.gif - be able get to the CNC mill I will actually start to work on the 914. By then I will have a PC out in the garage so I can see 914 club out in the garage too. type.gif

Steve
-Making 15lbs of stuff fit in 5lb box
J P Stein
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Dec 2 2005, 10:55 PM)

K biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Dec 2 2005, 11:57 PM)
Look whats next

so sean, what would one have to do to qualify to run with you in the "ASS" class ??? idea.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
MattR
In the last 2 days, ive spent a total of 35 hours working and about 20 minutes on the 914 club. And yes, I work on cars for a living... not 914s, but they are porsches.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.