Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: RennShift is GREAT
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Picked up my 914/6 converted race car last night and got to give the new shift setup a test. We used a home made 4130 rear shift bar, new bushings, Steve Stomski's shift coupler and a RennShift shifter up front. There is no free play anywhere and the shifts are fantastic. It is a good investment if you are a vintage racer or even a serious auto-x'er as you don't have to worry about what is happening with the tranny!!
Lawrence
Yeah... Rennshifters ROCK. smilie_pokal.gif
drew365
John; where do you get the Steve Stomski shift coupler? I agree, the Rennshift is a big improvement in shift confidence.
john rogers
Steve Stomski is in the Maryland area. He has a web site: http://www.stomskiracing.com/. The coupler has one end splined to fit inside the rear tube and the other end has a set screw and collar to fit over the front shift rod. Serves the same function as the stock flex joint.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(john rogers @ Aug 20 2003, 05:39 AM)
... new bushings, Steve Stomski's shift coupler and a RennShift shifter up front. There is no free play anywhere and the shifts are fantastic.

the is exactly the setup i have in the 911 and i love it.
donno what you have for mounts -- stiff stuff, probably.
the only flex left in my car are the OEM transmission mounts (in surprisingly good shape, actually...) and the engine mounts.

now that i know the secret to using Club Sport transmission mounts in a pre-'73 car i'll be adding those, along with the solid engine mounts -- just to gild the lily.

there is now no reason for people to complain about vague, sloppy shifting in our cars -- we have the tools, we have the technology !
URY914
Just about the time I have my Christmas shopping list complete, someone develops something new and better that I gotta have. I need a second job.

Paul
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 20 2003, 01:41 PM)
Just about the time I have my Christmas shopping list complete, someone develops something new and better that I gotta have. I need a second job.

is the new 'Excellence Was Expected' on your list ? i saw some preview pages at the Robert Bentley booth at WaterFest and the NE Audi Aftermarket shows and it looks amazing. probably cheaper than the first edition (which i have) adjusted for inflation. still set you back a chunk o' change tho ...
URY914
Will a book make my car lighter or faster?

Its not on my list.

Paul
campbellcj
I agree 100%. I have a very -expensive- new trans in my car and with the new, perfectly adjusted Rennshifter I don't have to "think" about shifting like I did before. It has become reflex again, like it should be. Since I put it in, I have not even come close to a bogarted shift...
Jeffs9146
I cant wait to get mine in! It is accualy the first part for my new 6 project! Thanks James!!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.