Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ljet altitude compensator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
what is this thing, and does anybody have it and do i need it--someday i'll have a ljet system.

b
shelby/914
Just so happen someone mentioned this about an hour ago, said that they came on 1.8s to be sold or used at an altitude above 4000ft. Do not know this to be a fact, it's just what our resident geek said. You know who you are, Rex.
bd1308
could be an adjustable resistor pot or something....

whats the scoop on this?

b
SLITS
You don't need one.....

It leans the mixture in response to altitude....you know Master Engineer.....higher altitude, less Oxygen, Less dense air, etc, etc........not adjustable...
sean_v8_914
it is a 3 wire device with a diaphagm. looks kinda like a baby MPS and was mounted in teh same location. it did not have a vacuum line going to it, just the 3 wires from the FI harness
bd1308
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 2 2005, 11:51 PM)
You don't need one.....

It leans the mixture in response to altitude....you know Master Engineer.....higher altitude, less Oxygen, Less dense air, etc, etc........not adjustable...

calm down....

where's your meds....the other meds smoke.gif

i was just askin......

biggrin.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 2 2005, 10:03 PM)
what is this thing, and does anybody have it and do i need it--someday i'll have a ljet system.

b

why do you insist on wanting to run the old factory stuff when you can go with modern digital components??? screwy.gif

do a megasquirt once and you'll have something that you can go to any autoparts store to get parts for and it'll probebly last longer than your car.....

bd1308
Because Mueller L-Jet works.....

and I dont have 2000 dollars and a month worth of time to fool around with fuel maps.

thats why.

b
SLITS
can you speil "Barometric cell"?

Britt, you need to put a VIB engine in your car biggrin.gif
lapuwali
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 3 2005, 08:07 AM)

and I dont have 2000 dollars and a month worth of time to fool around with fuel maps.

thats why.

b

MS doesn't cost $2000. The most basic kit is $130, and you have to add your own wiring harness. You can buy a complete, you-don't-solder-anything pre-built unit for $350 from several sources.

All of the L-Jet parts except for the air-meter, the ECU, and the TPS can be reused. You can use D-Jet parts, too.

If you're fitting all of this to a 1.8 914, then just use the stock L-Jet (assuming it all works). MS will add tunability for about $200 plus some tuning work.

If you're still talking about the 2.1 Type I, I want to see pictures of how you're making this work with the stock cooling system.

bd1308
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Dec 3 2005, 11:07 AM)
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 3 2005, 08:07 AM)

thats why.

b

MS doesn't cost $2000. The most basic kit is $130, and you have to add your own wiring harness. You can buy a complete, you-don't-solder-anything pre-built unit for $350 from several sources.

All of the L-Jet parts except for the air-meter, the ECU, and the TPS can be reused. You can use D-Jet parts, too.

If you're fitting all of this to a 1.8 914, then just use the stock L-Jet (assuming it all works). MS will add tunability for about $200 plus some tuning work.

If you're still talking about the 2.1 Type I, I want to see pictures of how you're making this work with the stock cooling system.

Yeah but dyno runs add up.....

ar15.gif dreamkillers!
McMark
Just read up on the MegaSquirt Autotune. wink.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 3 2005, 10:24 AM)
Yeah but dyno runs add up.....

ar15.gif dreamkillers!

yep, the newest autotune supposed to be even better....

my 1st MS install had no dyno time initially and I'm betting only about 10% of all MS installs have been tuned using a dyno.....

I believe the MS to be the easiest laptop programable system out (SDS supposed to be real easy to tune, yet I have never used it and it uses a pendant instead of a laptop)

The MS is almost too easy to setup and tune which caused me trouble with my LINK fuel injection.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.