Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: flat spot in RPM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ynotdd
I have a 73 914 2.0. The engine has less than 1000 miles since rebuilt. I have a problem at about 3600 to 4000 rpm it falls on its face then once passed that to pulls fine. I have replaced the throttle switch, pressure sensor, injectors, points, condenser etc. problem still there all i can think of is temp sensorII or vac lines. please help. Tony:confused: :mad: sad.gif
Brad Roberts
Did they resuse the stock (probably worn out) distributor ??

I say dump the points... but I need to know if the timing mark shows up nicely when you time it..or if it is bouncing around when your trying to time it.

B
ynotdd
the marks were solid no bouncing smash.gif
Brad Roberts
Where did this "new" pressure sensor come from ??

Dump the points.. not worth keeping them.

B
nebreitling
i'm having these same exact symtoms -- my flat spot is at ~4600rpm. pulls great beyond that (although i cant' get it past that spot in 4th or 5th gear). MPS checks out okay, TPS seems clean enough, engine runs great otherwise. all electrical grounds cleaned. as soon as i get some time, i'm going to have a good going through of the distributor. i've been told that slop from a worn distributor shaft can cause this. as long as i'm at it, i'm going to install a crane pointless ignition. $90 on summitracing.com.

let me know if you resolve this, i'll do the same.

nathan
ynotdd
The PS was from dont yell AA
put the old one back no change
Brad Roberts
These issues are tough.. it could be fuel related or ignition related. I tend to believe its ignition related. You could have a bad spark plug wire or somebody could be running the fuel pump off the coil (robbing voltage for both).

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.