Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what about a new welcome picture
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
hey admins, what about with this one as a new homepage welcome picture?
it would fit perfectly IMHO

user posted image

shocked[1].gif wub.gif Gustl
Grimstead
Bada Bing! smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
YES agree.gif YES beerchug.gif YES aktion035.gif I think thats the one smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
bmcwilli
w00t.gif
Bleyseng
I vote for one with Black Pete sitting in a 914.

She can be later on this month blink.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Dec 4 2005, 04:07 PM)
I vote for one with Black Pete sitting in a 914.

who is "Black Pete" blink.gif confused24.gif
richardmosselman
"Zwarte Pete" is Sinterklaus's helper.He takes bad lil' children and puts them in his sack to take who Knows where!-Dec 5/6 is when presents were traditionally handed out in Holland.Dec 25 was strictly religious.Dutch background sneaking thru!
Bleyseng
The Dutch celebrate Santa Claus on Dec 5th. His helper is Black Pete who comes down the chimmey to deliver chocolate letters to the kids. If you are a bad kid he takes you to Spain, which doesn't sound so bad this time of year.
I think Yaroom gets dressed up like this every year for Zoey!
We celebrate it as Monique is Dutch.

I googled this:

The Santa Claus story and Black Pete (Zwaarte Piet)

This is a little explanation as to why there is a character called Black Pete in the Amazon Miniatures Santa Claws Gang pack. In fact Black Pete is specifically a Dutch Christmas character and he is one of Santa's helpers. Paul of Amazon Miniatures is half Dutch and so had the benefit of celebrating (and getting presents) from Sinta Claas on the evening of the 5th December and from Father Christmas on the 25th.

According to the Dutch version of the legend, Sinter Claas arrives simultaneously in every city in the Netherlands bearing gifts for well-behaved children. He is always accompanied by Zwarte Piet, or "Black Pete". In various versions of the Sinter Claas story, Black Pete is depicted as male or female, of normal stature or as a black dwarf.

Zwarte Piet always wear colourful and jovial costumes. They are adorned with gold earrings and hats with feathers and are generally considered simple and full of beans characters. Their role is to assist Sinter Claas by performing various holiday tasks, like delivering presents down chimneys and recording names of naughty and nice children in Sinter Claas' book of names.

While Santa Claus leaves chocolate and sweets in the shoes of children, if the children have been naughty then Black Pete takes the nice presents and replaces it with lumps of coal. The child who is really naughty is threatened with being placed in Black Pete's sack and taken back to Spain - surely a throwback to the Catholic wars with Spain.

Despite his colourful image, Zwarte Piet is a very controversial character in the Netherlands. He is called Black Pete because of his dark colouring, and while some attribute his skin colour to the soot from the chimneys he slides down, others criticise the character for being an old-fashioned stereotype and racist symbol. In fact the original legend has St Nicolas travelling to Spain where he meets and befriends a moor by the name of Peter who accompanies him on his travels through Europe.
richardmosselman
I still get the chocolate letter with my initial on it - I must've been a good boy? Thanks for sharing the story-as u can see mine was kinda rusty-just like my teener! laugh.gif
nomore9one4
clap.gif pray.gif
Gustl
thanks for explanation pray.gif

I guess it's the guy we call "Krampus", who visits the houses with "Nikolaus" on the evening of the 5th

user posted image

Bleyseng
Sinterklaas with Black Pete in the background
Jeroen
here's Zoey with Sinterklaas and Zwarte Piet (pic was taken yesterday)
Tomorrow, he will apear at her school and we'll have presents tomorrow night
The exitement is killing her... Loads a fun!
SirAndy
QUOTE (Gustl @ Dec 4 2005, 01:35 AM)
it would fit perfectly IMHO

oh yes! wub.gif
Bleyseng
Post Jeroen's pic for a few days and then Gustl's.
TJB/914
agree.gif

Tom
nomore9one4
How about a new photo everyday? drooley.gif smile.gif
maf914
Nice photo Gustl! Good 914 content. Is that snow or white sand? Miss Santa doesn't look cold. laugh.gif
Gustl
just to clarifiy - it's not my pic
I just found in in another thread, but I really love it wub.gif
Jeroen
pic is from the calendar thread...
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Dec 5 2005, 06:15 PM)
pic is from the calendar thread...

so, are you gonna put it on the front page or what ???

rolleyes.gif Andy
Jeroen
I'll pm the owner of the pick for permission first...
michel richard
Santa Claus and Black Pete are all well and good, but Ms Manitoba here is in a league of her own.
I vote for her picture, and I stuff 25 additional votes in the box.

Michel Richard
michel richard
QUOTE (Gustl @ Dec 4 2005, 12:35 AM)

user posted image

here
smg914
A beautiful girl but I still wanted to see the 914.
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (Gustl @ Dec 4 2005, 03:35 AM)
hey admins, what about with this one as a new homepage welcome picture?

user posted image

I say we organize a general strike if this picture is not installed as the welcome page.

Of course, I don't see any cars there. Just a pretty girl in the snow... w00t.gif

Zach
michel richard
I like the dark picture better
Jeroen
I pm-ed the owner of the pic (#1rage)
as soon as I get his OK, the pic will be launched
Bleyseng
Fine with me as she is much better looking than Black Pete. Besides I got my chocolate letter already..... chowtime.gif
Jeroen
The pic is up there, so enjoy
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Dec 6 2005, 06:48 PM)

well, thank you sir!

boldblue.gif Andy
VaccaRabite
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Dec 6 2005, 08:48 PM)

Whew! Strike averted! av-943.gif

Zach
Bleyseng
So who is the girl??? Whats her story? ohmy.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Dec 6 2005, 09:56 PM)
So who is the girl??? Whats her story?

well, obviously, she's "Miss Santa" ... rolleyes.gif

i waited all night in front of the chimney, but she didn't show up ...
sad.gif Andy
MoveQik
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Dec 6 2005, 09:20 PM)
well, obviously, she's "Miss Santa" ... rolleyes.gif

sad.gif Andy

lol2.gif
DNHunt
Andy

Did you remember the milk and cookies?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.