Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: looking for a pic: 914, metallic red
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
could anybody help?
I'd love to see a pic of a teener, painted in that rare (only available in 1970) optional colour
paint code: L97D

didn't find one yet sad.gif

many thanks in advance
wavey.gif Gustl
Jacco
hmm couldn't find one myself either, but here's a pic of a Ro 80 with L97D to see what the color looks like... maybe it's a step in the right direction...

greets
Jacco

Jacco
pic would be good rolleyes.gif
Bleyseng
I almost bought one of those! w00t.gif
Gustl
thanks Jacco - this colour really looks great

would be interesting how it looks on a teener idea.gif

guess I would like it

wavey.gif Gustl
Gustl
@ Jacco - just found the dutch homepage with the Ro80 - interesting that the colour is called "colorado-metallic"
propricer
Color is similar, methinks, to the Chevrolet Tahoe Sport Red Metallic

http://www.chevrolet.com/tahoe/photogallery/

What do you think of that color for a 914 ???
Gustl
user posted image

might look cool too

maybe a flared car with vinyl targa bar, chrome trim, bumpers and mirrors idea.gif
BEE DRIVEN
A few years ago I took photos of this 912 with a red metallic that turned gold in the sun,and purple red in the shade side. It was one of the best red metallics I've seen.
smg914
A friend of mine in Birmingham Alabama had an original Metallic Red 1970 914-6. The car was in need of a restoration and the paint was in poor condition. Not sure what ever happened to that car. I'll see if I can find out.
BEE DRIVEN
Rear view of the 912 with a red metallic. The paint plays nice games with the sun,sky,and surroundings.
Gustl
QUOTE (smg914 @ Dec 4 2005, 08:33 PM)
A friend of mine in Birmingham Alabama had an original Metallic Red 1970 914-6. The car was in need of a restoration and the paint was in poor condition. Not sure what ever happened to that car. I'll see if I can find out.

I hope it's not this one ... 914.0.43.1438
this '70 914-6 was also an original metallic red car (from the USA)
at it's full restoration the owner decided to paint it black user posted image

scotty b
wink.gif Don't know hat the paint code is or if it's even O.E. but I likes it a lot biggrin.gif It was labeld as Arena Red where I got it from.
Jacco
I've been through my digital 914 storage and found this, looks awfully close, or is it just a plain red which looks awfully deep in shine and colour unsure.gif

Jacco
markb
Dad's car was metallic red, and was going back to it. It broke my heart to have to abandon the project. I've seen a local car with the color, but it's been a couple of years. I don't think it was very popular, 'cause it looks kinda dull (Dad's car still has it on the inner doors), even when clean & polished.
TJB/914
Hi Gustl.

Here's my favorite color (original color) "Candy Apple Red" on my former 1970 Mustang MACH-1. This color can be duplicated by any paint store.

Tom
Nick, Beautiful 912 picture/color.
TJB/914
Gustl.

Here's a 1971 914-6 in Red from my archives. Don't have any other info on it. I took a picture when it was in a used car lot last year.

Tom
TJB/914
Gustl.

How about this red!!!!!

Tom
TJB/914
Here's a factory 1970 Red one.

Tom
grasshopper
ohmy.gif Prototype???
TJB/914
Back end ot that prototype
BEE DRIVEN
Hey Tom,I hope you don't mind I took your image and tried to clean it up alittle. The color looked like the 912 I posted earlier.
markb
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Dec 4 2005, 05:39 PM)
Here's a factory 1970 Red one.

Tom

Yup, that's it.
TJB/914
Wow Nick, it's like you gave it a new paint job.

Tom
Gustl
QUOTE (grasshopper @ Dec 5 2005, 02:44 AM)
ohmy.gif Prototype???

yepp - this pic is out from two very early brochures, where this one and the yellow prototype car are shown

many thanks for all the input
on another forum I've got this one:
Lou W
Here's a nice color red;
smg914
I stopped by Dave White Autosport in Tampa this morning and I was talking to the owner of a black 914-6 that was there. His father was the original owner of the car. The interior door panels were off and I could see that the inside of the doors were Metallic Red. He told me the original color of the car was metallic red but when his father installed the fiberglass flaires and modified the roll bar sail panels (early lotus europa style) he repainted the car black. He said he has a nice picture from when the car was new and he is going to put it on a disc for me. When I receive it I'll post it here.
North Bay 914
There was a Lady at the WCC #1 who had a 914-6 this color. She told me that it was one of two known 914-6 cars in this color. She is the original owner, I have a photo of it, but not a digital photo. Film type. I found this one here in the WCC 04 area...I think its the car Ferg is in front of. I know she told me it was called Colorado Red.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.