Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: L Jet Tuning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
Is there a way to adjust the FI for richness? My 1.8 runs rich at the bottom end and lean at the top end. Head temp goes over 450 when you pull a hill over 3000 rpm and runs rough under 2000 rpm. it stays around 300 when I keep it around 3000 on the freeway. what should I do? is there an adjustment?

Bernie confused24.gif
Mike D.
You should check the air flow meter for movement. It sounds like it's not closing enough at idle and not open enough at high rpm. Or it may be moving fine, but the brushes on the sensor part not working properly.

Also not sure about the 1.8 but the 2.0 computer has a richness adjustment nob for idle setting. Also the 2.0 has a head temp sensor, and we sometimes add a resistor inline between the sensor and the computer that will richen the mixture at high rpms when the engine is hot. Again, not sure if the 1.8 has the same thing or works the same way if it does.

-Mike D.
fronkensteen1999
There's some info here that can help you tune your L-jet.

Fronken
Dave_Darling
Also at http://www.type2.com ; the later Buses use L-jet as well.

--DD
ChrisReale
Shit dude, 450 is way too hot.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.