Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: modify 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lfdrumz0929
1) on the trans. I put the side shift trans. and low profile tires and now it dosen’t have good top end what do I do?

2) I also have 911 sc suspension. The front end is easy any suggestions on how to put the rear rotors on. Rotors alone or swing arms only?

3) How do you sound proof the inside a little it's always so nosy?
McMark
1. If you mean that you're at high RPMs on the freeway then the only options are higher profile tires, transmission work or engine work.

2. The 911 rear suspension will not work. Check the Parts & Resources forum for a rear five lug conversion by Eric Shea.

3. Any DynaMat type sound proofer under the carpet will help. Make sure your rear window isn't loose. Put sound proofing behind the backpad.
Bleyseng
QUOTE (lfdrumz0929 @ Dec 4 2005, 12:17 PM)
1) on the trans. I put the side shift trans. and low profile tires and now it dosen’t have good top end what do I do?

2) I also have 911 sc suspension. The front end is easy any suggestions on how to put the rear rotors on. Rotors alone or swing arms only?

3) How do you sound proof the inside a little it's always so nosy?

if you mean your top speed, changing the tire/wheel size will change the overall gear ratio.
if you mean by offthe line quickness, same thing as a larger overall tire will slow you down.

Swap in some drilled for 5 lug hubs and install a 914/6 rear disc. You will have to install a new rear bearing as removing the hubs means trashing the rear bearings smash.gif
lfdrumz0929
I mean the gear ratio in the ring and pinion size. I have size 50 tires what size ring and pinion should I get?

What about the noise leval inside the car from the motor noise, insulation?
bottomend
be very careful with installing insulation. You can be inadvertantly trapping moisture and 914's LOVE moisture. It gives the rust something to snack on....
Bleyseng
You are pretty much stuck with the stock ring and pinion gears as the optional sets are pretty rare or new ones are $$$$.
Go to 50's on 16" rims to change the ratio
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.