Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures from Shaggy's 18th.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tettster
This is the installation of Shaggy's (Jim) 914, along with his 18th birthday party. There are more pictures to come as soon as I can take some and post them... Stay tuned!

John smoked some meat the day before... Bet you're wishing you came now!

Porsche Parking Only - All others will be towed.

Shaggy's and my cousins, Katie and Kristie, who stopped by to say happy birthday to Shaggy.

Shaggy and my grandfather, Al, and to the right is Shaggy's girlfriend, Alexia.

user posted image
Familiar sight, eh?--pushing the 914.

Commence Jackstanding!!

Matt Joganic (Jim's friend), a worker from the engine drop and now helping to put it back in.

Joganic's Porsche 928S.

Jim (Shaggy) and Mike (Mike9142.0) planning things out.

Mike's bug.
Tettster
I have to say, I think the party was a huge success, and the engine is officially in the car at this point! woot!!

Bryan during a short break, I see...

Bryanc's Boxter... it's for sale, if you're interested! wink.gif

I gotta say that Mike and Bryan were an immense help, and I'm sure that if Mike wasn't there, the engine would still be in a heap in our garage, away from it's actual home.

clap.gif
McMark
Looks great!
bryanc
I had fun--enjoyed the hospitality and the car stories. Happy B-Day Shaggy, and the car should be running soon!
Mike9142.0
I had fun and the food was good.
That thing will be up and running in no time.
SirAndy
schweet! smilie_pokal.gif

nothing like a few pairs of helping hands ...
cool_shades.gif Andy
gregrobbins
Shaggy, looking forward to running with you on the Toys for Tots breakfast next sunday!
Flat VW
Jimmy,(Shaggy) had a great time, well he is eighteen today, I should probably be calling him Jim or James.

I REALLY want to thank the non-club, club, and EVERYONE here for the advice, the dialogue, the photos and the encouragement.

This site has transformed the 914 owning, operating, and repairing experience like no other, ANYWHERE.

The 914Club dramatically enhances the fun, unique aspects of this car, that the makers of this "econo-exotic" machine could have never imagined.

STATUS: The engine is in, Mike DeVries (Mike9142.0) is a "professional wrench" and took his "off time" to crawl under a greasy teener to help Jim when he needed it, (a fine son you have there Ernie, hope to see you this Sunday).

The driver's side valve cover is leaking, without ever having started the car. wacko.gif

Shaggy installed it with a cork gasket and RTV, its next gasket will be installed "dry"
(The Cap'n may be reading this saying "Dumb *sses, I told you so!")

The car is currently quite "overfilled" with oil at the moment.
We were all pretty tired near the end last night and Shaggy had figured the engine was drained of all oil and added more. -- it wasn't-- wacko.gif

No harm, no foul-- he will get the extra oil out while changing the valve cover gasket. screwy.gif

I would like to add that ALL the work, both effective and ineffective, has been performed by Shaggy with help from Shaggy's pal Matt, his brother Tettster (Teddy), and our 914Club pals Greg Robbins and Mike DeVries and Bryan C.

I perform "zero" wrench work, it is all Shaggy.

Happy Eighteenth birthday James, we, your family, love you alot.

John wavey.gif

P.S. The 914Club members never even inquired about their five hundred "Club Points"!
SLITS
Whaaaaaatheheeeeel....no blood?

The smoker looked good, but the wimmins looked MUCHO better............
shaggy
slits-
they are pretty young for you...
stachatory rape...government dosent like that... biggrin.gif

and the red heads spoken for(alexia) wink.gif

thanks to everyone!!!
especially mike bryan and joganic(with the 928)!

with out mike i wouldnt have known what the hell i was looking at!
and thanks to bryan for helping me on setting the throttle adjustment!
and thanks to my friend joganic for all his help with everything!

finally i have a car again! smile.gif

thanks again to everyone

-jim
SLITS
Hey Shaggy.... 8 to 80, blind, crippled or crazy....makes me no nevermind drooley.gif
MoveQik
So am I going to see this car on the road this weekend for the Toys for Tots event?

Nice work, by the way. smilie_pokal.gif
shaggy
slits-
...scary... huh.gif pinch.gif sad.gif rolleyes.gif barf.gif

spank.gif ? biggrin.gif

ya it should be running tomorrow hopfully
i kinda think i just put the cover on upside down dry.gif

so im takin a look tomorrow
too tired tonight

but yes i will be there and the car will be running

-jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.