Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My new driver (take 2)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
Here it is, a 1970 adriatic blue 914 with fiberglass flares. The paint isn't perfect, nor is the bodywork, but the only rust that needs fixing is the battery tray and hell hole, which doesn't show. Since there's no engine in the way, that's only a day of work. Then I can start transferring parts! smile.gif

Anyons have any rough ideas of how much of a gas mileage hit I'm going to take for having flares and wide tires? smile.gif

Without further adoo, here are the pics!

bondo
Other side:

bondo
Another view:
McMark
Looks sweet! I vote 5 MPG.
markb
smilie_pokal.gif WooHoo!
I'm quite jealous.
Lemme know if you want a hand, or need any parts from the stash.
MattR
Is that seanv8914's car from san diego?
bondo
QUOTE (MattR @ Dec 4 2005, 11:33 PM)
Is that seanv8914's car from san diego?

Shore is! He and hmeeder delivered it today. biggrin.gif
sean_v8_914
we made it back! trailer behaved well. It was not bouncy at all, as expected
cat cam laugh.gif
bondo
QUOTE (sean_v8_914 @ Dec 5 2005, 03:01 AM)
we made it back! trailer behaved well. It was not bouncy at all, as expected
cat cam laugh.gif

Hehe, cool. You left a strap, shall I mail it or just bring it to the next D&G? smile.gif

(The catcam is a wireless camera I put on my cats for entertainment purposes, in case anyone was wondering) biggrin.gif
kconway
Damn, I wanted that one! Looks good.
bondo
QUOTE (kconway @ Dec 5 2005, 01:54 PM)
Damn, I wanted that one! Looks good.

Don't worry, it will be up for sale again when I get my V8 done.. But it'll be running and driving. smile.gif
DougC
I love that color, always have..it's on my short list of colors I want for a 914.. also love the WRX and fastback.

Doug C
markb
QUOTE (bondo @ Dec 5 2005, 12:47 PM)
(The catcam is a wireless camera I put on my cats for entertainment purposes, in case anyone was wondering) biggrin.gif

Hmmmm, mind if I borrow that? I'd like to strap it to one of our cats, to see where the little sh!t goes to get in trouble. biggrin.gif
bondo
QUOTE (DougC @ Dec 5 2005, 02:17 PM)
I love that color, always have..it's on my short list of colors I want for a 914.. also love the WRX and fastback.

Doug C

Hehe, thanks. I love the color too, and plan to paint my other 914 a similar color.

markb: Sure, but its range is limited, so you might not see much unless you follow it around with a portable TV. It seems to work best within about 200 feet, less if there's walls in the way.
markb
Ah well, it was a good idea.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.