Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: HELP- Keys locked inside 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
So Passenger door is locked and driver door plastic door clip just broke! And yes, keys are inside. I tried a few other 914 keys on the passenger door with no luck, I tried to get a wire hanger on the rear top latch.
Anyone have any suggestions, jokes, anecdotes....
-Mike D.
Aaron Cox
done it with a coat hanger on the targa.... couldnt get the door....

keep trying.

i have a clear rear window if you want to go that route smile.gif
Howard
Is the top off?

ph34r.gif
Rand
link1
link2
link3
link4

Ok, you get the idea. Search function is handy. Good luck.
messix
hold your cell phone up to the car and i'll use remote door lock fob to un lock it. chairfall.gif

[sorry boxter couldn't help my self. from a prev. tread of urban myth]
SirAndy
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Dec 5 2005, 11:42 AM)
Anyone have any suggestions, jokes, anecdotes...

AAA ...

took the guy about 15 seconds to open the door ...
unsure.gif Andy
sj914
Jimmy the lock with a coat hanger wire. Done it many times till I got the idea of just leaving the targa off.
Joe Ricard
50 bucks to get lock smith out.
Just pull up on the rear of the targa top and pop the latch. If you break it I'll send you a replacement.

Oh and Don't do that anymore poke.gif
Mike D.
Cool everyone thanks, first I'll try the cell phone method, biggrin.gif if that doesn't work I'll try the to pop out the wing window ala Otto style from one of the other posts (Thanks Rand), then go back to coat hanger method which I've already had a couple of hours of practice with...
Or just call AAA - wtf...

-Mike D.
markb
I just twist a couple of coathangers together & fish the keys out of the ignition.
fiid
Just reach in through a rust-hole and grab them boldblue.gif boldblue.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif

Sparky
QUOTE (Mike D. @ Dec 5 2005, 01:42 PM)
So Passenger door is locked and driver door plastic door clip just broke! And yes, keys are inside. I tried a few other 914 keys on the passenger door with no luck, I tried to get a wire hanger on the rear top latch.
Anyone have any suggestions, jokes, anecdotes....
-Mike D.

Hey knock it off your giving Mike D's a bad name mad.gif

Oh and try popping the targa off.

My best,
Mike D.
mlthoma
BTDT! This happened to me the firt time at home fortunately. I went to the parts stash and looked at the lock mechanism on a bare door. They are actually very easy to get into with a slim jim. The difference is on the 914 you must push DOWN with a thin rod slipped between the window and the rubber seal right over the top of the outside handle. There is a protrusion that sticks out the back of the outside handle mechanism where the long rod to the inside lock mechanism attaches. It's only 3-4 inches down from the top so a short piece of something will work. Slide it in, find the protrusion, push down gently and it unlocks your door. Note this doesn't help you if your plastic fork is broken.

I did this at a gas station in Alamosa, Colorado in a freezing wind the next time I needed this skill. Probably took about 10 seconds with a piece of wire I found in the trashcan by the pump.

Mike in Albuquerque
Dave Bell
Give up now... sell the car to me for $300... I will take this problem car off your hands Mike.

It could be worse... you could be blonde and stuck inside the car with both doors not working.

- Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.