Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Switching to a carburetor on a '74 1.8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
electrolime
Hey, I'm fairly new to the 914 community. I just purchased a weber progressive carburetor for my 914. What all am I going to need to do to switch over from the fuel injection. All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Pat
sj914
You'll need a low pressure, fuel pump.
Cap'n Krusty
Hey! I get to be the first one to tell you! You'll be sorry. Trust me, it's a BIG step backwards. While dual carbs can be made to work, especially with a cam change, the Pinto carb you've selected is a known turkey. It will NEVER run well, no matter what you do. The Cap'n
rjames
I'd be interested in buying some of your FI stuff should you go ahead with the install though....

(throttle position sensor, throttle body and injectors -if they are any good, to name a few)
bd1308
I beg you, please don't do it.....

I did it on my 1.7, and it sucks real bad.

teh runners dont get warm enough

runs lean->ok->lean->really lean->ok->lean->lean->

DONT DO IT!

I've done the conversion myself and there is no benefit!

Seriously reconsider...
b
markb
I holed a piston with one of those, when it leaned out on me.

DON'T DO IT!

Take the carb back & get a refund. Spend the money fixing the FI.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Dec 5 2005, 01:48 PM)
Hey! I get to be the first one to tell you! You'll be sorry. Trust me, it's a BIG step backwards. While dual carbs can be made to work, especially with a cam change, the Pinto carb you've selected is a known turkey. It will NEVER run well, no matter what you do.

agree.gif with the krusty one ...

fix your FI and you'll be *much* happier ...
smash.gif Andy
pfierb
Listen to them.... from one who had carbs on my car and now has the FI back on.
JoeSharp
Ah Don't listen to anyone but yourself. But as far as I'm conserned, the least you should do for a carbed motor is this. Oh yeah its only about $800.00.
:PERMAGRIN: Joe
bottomend
Those are Kadrons, right? they'll work nicely on your engine and a set is around $450. But you should try to get the F.I working . It really is better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.